Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Plant Warns Canelo: You Can't Break A Poor Boy's Chin, That's Warrior's Code

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Plant Warns Canelo: You Can't Break A Poor Boy's Chin, That's Warrior's Code

Three down and one to go for Canelo Alvarez--and the one that's left doesn't have plans to go anywhere else. The sport's pound-for-pound king unified three titles at super middleweight after leaving Billy Joe Saunders unable to continue after eight rounds Saturday evening, live on DAZN from AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas. Alvarez (55-1-2, 37KOs) entered the night as the reigning WBC/WBA titlist, adding Saunders' WBO belt to his collection.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Jake, Jake, Jake...

Plant defended his belt for the third time following a 12-round shutout over Caleb Plant this past January

Comment

With Only 12 kos, what does plant even bring to the table that saunders didn't?

Comment

Great, let's see the fight hey made then

Comment

If Plant’s chin and stamina hold up for 12 rounds, he can easily outbox Canelo. Canelo tends to pot shot a lot lately and as long as you throw punches you throw off his rhythm

Comment

I just have a feeling Plant is going to demand a ton of money and price himself out, I just don't believe he wants this fight as much as Canelo. He's already turned it down twice, and before you tell me about "short notice" maybe I will let it fly the first time around, but this last time they were negotiating since June of last year for a September 2020 fight, when that did not happen, they continued talks until finally Smith took the fight in December. So since last summer this guy was in the gym knowing the Canelo fight was a possibility, and yet turned it down, so short notice? I don't think so, I hope he balls up this time around and proves me wrong, Hearn put it best last night, when he said, "what else does Plant have to do?" Let's get it done....

Comment

Good let's just hope he doesn't prices himself out of this fight

Canelo and Saunders are guaranteed $15 million and $2.5 million in guaranteed payouts, respectively. Canelo will reportedly claim 60 percent of the pay-per-view share to Saunders' 40. The fighters' total estimated payouts are between $35 million for Canelo and $5 million for Saunders.

Comment

Canelo wouldn't become the divisions first undisputed champion with the win.
                joe calzaghe was undisputed.
                when joe calzaghe fought kessler he was the ibf/wbo/ring champion and he beat kessler for his wba and wbc belts.
                landotter landotter garfios garfios like this.

Comment

Originally posted by PRchamp View Post
                  If Plant’s chin and stamina hold up for 12 rounds, he can easily outbox Canelo. Canelo tends to pot shot a lot lately and as long as you throw punches you throw off his rhythm
                  I rate BJS's as a much better boxer than Plant, specially on the defense department.

Comment

You just KNOW Plant is scared if he is saying corny motivational things like that to hype himself up. I'm sorry but BJS was better than plant by a long shot. Plant doesnt have a prayer and he knows it. Expect a price out.
                    Burn1222 Burn1222 w1cked w1cked like this.

Comment

Working...
                    X