Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Canelo Alvarez, Billy Joe Saunders - Ready For Unification War

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Canelo Alvarez, Billy Joe Saunders - Ready For Unification War

Canelo, Saunders Weights Photos Gallery - Canelo Alvarez and Billy Joe Saunders are set to smash the record for the biggest indoor attendance for a boxing event in America as they prepare to meet in a Super-Middleweight unification battle at the AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas on Saturday May 8, live worldwide on DAZN and distributed by TV Azteca in Mexico and Latin America. (photos by Ed Mulholland)
    [Click Here To Read More]

So it’s time, always thought the fight would get cancelled and my concerns weren’t for nuthing, that 24 feet request made me worry again but thankfully it got sorted out.

Ok, the thing is this, I don’t have a prediciton because I can clearly see 3 different ghings happening in this fight:

Fight 1 – 60% happening
    Canelo is gonna look to land a lot of body shots, he is gonna be front foot heavy, he will use his waist movement to dodge a lot of Saunders punches, Saunders will play like he always do, he is gonna use hsi cat reflexes and his foot movement to avoid Canelo’s punches. Fight will end as a controversial UD for Canelo, I tihnk this is the most probable thing to happen, BJS has the kryptonite style for Canelo but he surely hasn’t ever been at this level

Fight 2 – 30% happening
    Billy Joe Saunders put’s on a clinic like he did against Lemieux letting Canelo hittin air all night, the guy is just to quick to react and too fast that Canelo’s heave feet stance doesn’t allows him to land clean on Saunders, and when he has a little of success Billy will use his clinching tactics, ugly fight but his style was just to much for Canelo
    Fight 3 – 10% happening
    Canelo puts on a monster display of his P4P status and lets everyone knows that he finally is able to adjust to slick defensive movers, he goes body heavy and lands a lot of heavy jabs to disrupt BJS’s boxing stance, when BJS gets in and delivers flurries of punches Canelo just counters him with heavy blows to the body, he starts wearing him down by the last rounds to finally stop him and claim his #1 P4P status as non argued.

Conclusion
    Alvarez is my favorite current active bóxer, I do think he is an elite fighter, I do think he very good at everything except at cutting the ring at slick movers, I do think that Saunders has a really really good chance of spoiling the party and beating Canelo, it’s all about the matchmaking, Canelo is a great bóxer but Saunders has that kryptonite in him to beat Canelo. This is a mouthwatering matchup because of the IQ’s and skills of both guys. Fight will finally answer two main questions we got:
    1 - ¿Has Canelo finally learned to clearly beat slick defensive movers?
    2 - ¿Is BJS really at that elite level, where he is always said he belongs to?

Final Prediciton
    Hate to say it but I do think this will be a controversial MD for Canelo, I smell controversy all over the place on this one, wouldn’t touch the betting lines because there are to many “?”. Nevertheless I’m rooting for the readheaded, awesome fight for boxing purists.

Comment

Here we are, the two champs have easily made the weight. I'm excited like a kid in a candy store!

Canelo by MD 115-113

Comment

BJS looking pretty fit and tanned. I think he will give Canelo some early trouble in rounds that are hard to score. Canelo gets going as Billy begins to fade in second half and Alvarez manages to win by decision something like 116-112.

With how "good" I am at predicting fights, expect nothing like this to actually unfold.

Comment

Cornholio by KO/TKO
          tonysoprano tonysoprano likes this.

Comment

Saunders gets booed out of the building for running like a chicken. Canelo wins points or late TKO.

Saunders complains judging was against him, hand-wraps or ring floor were dodgy...

Comment

Saunders easy unanimous

Comment

Bjs don't look much taller? I don't think he's 5ft 11, or nel o must be more than 5 ft 8.

Comment

Easily the most anticipating fight this year.

Comment

I believe It will be a tough close fight all the way.

Comment

Working...
                    X