Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arreola: This Andy Ruiz Would Easily Knock Out AJ; They Didn't Expect This Chris Arreola

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Arreola: This Andy Ruiz Would Easily Knock Out AJ; They Didn't Expect This Chris Arreola

Chris Arreola was impressed by the version of Andy Ruiz Jr. that survived serious trouble early in their fight Saturday night and came back to beat him. The veteran heavyweight believes the reason Ruiz experienced so much difficulty early in their 12-round fight, though, was that Arreola was better than Ruiz and his team anticipated. Arreola dropped Ruiz to one knee with a right hand early in the second round and nearly sent him to the canvas again with a left hook early in the third round.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I always said that Bermane Stiverne was very underrated fighter.
    He could beat a much younger and better Arreola easily twice, althoug he has same height and a similar style than Andy Ruíz.

And Stiverne was 35-36 years old against Arreola, Ruíz just 31 years old..

Comment

Stiverne was awful Arreola was his best win.

Arreola managed to get in decent shape but Andy should have beaten him easily. Andy probably needs to get his weight right and stay working hard in the gym, hopefully he'll sort him self out he still has a lot to offer.

Comment

Originally posted by Jersey Walcott View Post
        I always said that Bermane Stiverne was very underrated fighter.
        He could beat a much younger and better Arreola easily twice, althoug he has same height and a similar style than Andy Ruíz.

And Stiverne was 35-36 years old against Arreola, Ruíz just 31 years old..
        Bermane was legit when compared with this crop of HWs, he just never had the stamina to apply his craft in a sustained fashion (slower than Andy IMO). I've noticed that few can maintain their endurance/stamina once they go past 235. At 235+ output drops and in critical moments that can sway the outcome of the fight. Since slipping punches makes people call fighters boring or runners, lots of guys add weight to better absorb punches lol.

Comment

Originally posted by DougalDylan View Post

Stiverne was better in his prime than Ruíz now.

I would be curious what could Ruiz do against an older and inactive Wilder than Stiverne in 2015.

But Ruiz try to run against the 43 years old Luis Ortiz... (then wait until Wilder got 37 years old..) That's Ruiz mentality

Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

Man....sometimes its so hard to watch Chris Arreola punch.....its just so awkward......like his elbows are way too high when he throws a shot or something....almost like he's swimming.

Comment

Originally posted by DougalDylan View Post

Arreola managed to get in decent shape but Andy should have beaten him easily. Andy probably needs to get his weight right and stay working hard in the gym, hopefully he'll sort him self out he still has a lot to offer.
              Decent shape? The man looked absolutely fit; the best in his entire career! 225-228 was astonishing! I’ve never seen him look better. It makes you wonder if he’d taken his career this seriously early in what could have been.
              Shadoww702 Shadoww702 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingfanatic75 View Post

Decent shape? The man looked absolutely fit; the best in his entire career! 225-228 was astonishing! I’ve never seen him look better.

Look doesn't mean all in the boxing sport.

Arreola's best weapon was his jab and right hand and for that weapon a bigger weight - with more muscles - could help him a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingfanatic75 View Post

Decent shape? The man looked absolutely fit; the best in his entire career! 225-228 was astonishing! I’ve never seen him look better. It makes you wonder if he’d taken his career this seriously early in what could have been.
                  Exactly, he was in decent shape when he fought Kownacki. This was better than that.

Comment

Ruiz is a good heavyweight but his power could be overrated, besides the upset win over Aj he's not finished any decent heavyweights.
                    Jkp Jkp likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X