Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: SugarHill Steward: Saunders Should Go For KO, Not Try To Outbox Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: SugarHill Steward: Saunders Should Go For KO, Not Try To Outbox Canelo

This Saturday night at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas - Saul "Canelo" Alvarez will collide with undefeated Billy Joe Saunders in a super middleweight unification. The WBA, WBC, WBO world titles will be at stake.
    [Click Here To Read More]

BJS won’t go for the KO because as much as he likes everyone to know he’s a gypsy he doesn’t have the bullocks to go in there and go out on his shield. He’s gonna run around trying to potshot for 12 rds and cry about a decision
    Boxviewer Boxviewer likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Junbengreat View Post
      BJS won’t go for the KO because as much as he likes everyone to know he’s a gypsy he doesn’t have the bullocks to go in there and go out on his shield. He’s gonna run around trying to potshot for 12 rds and cry about a decision
      Why on earth do you post a comment like this? You have the arrogance to sit in your room, at a keyboard, and whine about how you think a professional fighter who puts his life on the line is going to conduct himself in a fight that hasn't even happened yet? What is the point of this kind of negative bs exactly?

Comment

I'm not a pro boxing trainer, but this sounds like very bad advice. Who has knocked Canelo down, nobody, not even Golovkin. Canelo has an iron chin, like a Hagler or Chuvalo of the past perhaps.

He has to try and outbox Alvarez, without being too much on his bike as Lara was. He has to mix it up. Mayweather didn't move that much against Canelo, he just made him miss a lot.

I know Canelo has improved by a fair amount but I don't subscribe to the opinion that he was inexperienced against Floyd. He had over forty fights and had beaten Trout, so that excuse doesn't gel.

Comment

The key is Canelo's conditioning, which is probably much superior to that of Saunders.

I see the fight unfolding like Canelo vs Kovalev, more or less. But Saunders might get caught earlier. I doubt he manages to run like a rabbit for the entire 12 rounds, like his countryman Sunny Edwards did last week.

In regard to what Steward says, perhaps with a weight in the glove Saunders might try and go for the knockout.
          Boxviewer Boxviewer likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Liondw View Post
            I'm not a pro boxing trainer, but this sounds like very bad advice. Who has knocked Canelo down, nobody, not even Golovkin. Canelo has an iron chin, like a Hagler or Chuvalo of the past perhaps.

He has to try and outbox Alvarez, without being too much on his bike as Lara was. He has to mix it up. Mayweather didn't move that much against Canelo, he just made him miss a lot.

I know Canelo has improved by a fair amount but I don't subscribe to the opinion that he was inexperienced against Floyd. He had over forty fights and had beaten Trout, so that excuse doesn't gel.

I like this post the bold in particular. It's not get the victory by running and pot shots for sure he has to stay in the danger zone and make Canelo miss then pay and Canelo was young against Floyd but honestly he was just beat by the better man. Floyd at his best against Canelo at his best Floyd wins everytime IMO. Canelo doesnt knock high level fighters out and Floyd was as defensively sound as anyone could imagine.

Comment

Originally posted by Liondw View Post

I thought Lara lost a razor close fight for the exact reason you gave. If he would have punched just a little bit more in the late rounds he would have won. Saunders has to use his head. Box and fight in spots. Getting an early lead (if he can) and then coasting in the later rounds isn't going to get him a win.

Comment

BJS is going to run for dear life in his 24ft ring and the Canelo haters will be crying that the scorecards they filled out 2 weeks ago don't match up with the judges scorecards.

Comment

BJS is 100 times better at outboxing opponents than he is knocking them out. You come at Canelo with anything other than a perfect offence you get countered, best to fight to your strengths
                  adotd adotd likes this.

Comment

Nah he needs to fight his game and box and move but he has to do it for all 12 rounds and give no rounds away. He needs to be very selective about when he plants and how long he stays in the pocket m. Canelo is a counterpuncher m, he wants you to make mistakes and be reckless

Comment

Working...
                    X