Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Malignaggi: I Don't Think Canelo Can Lose a Decision Anywhere in The World

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Malignaggi: I Don't Think Canelo Can Lose a Decision Anywhere in The World

Former two division world champion Paulie Malignaggi is heavily backing Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez to beat Billy Joe Saunders if the contest heads to the scorecards. Canelo has been the winner in several close decisions, against Erislandy Lara and Gennady Golovkin.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    siablo14 siablo14 likes this.

When did we start listening to Paulette again!
    #1PaperChamp #1PaperChamp likes this.

Comment

The sewers must be really backed up for this turd to be floating around again.

Comment

Well, it's not totally true, Mayweather beat Canelo easily, but one of the scorecards was ridiculous. He has a point in that if the fight is close, don't expect his opponent to get the decision.

Having said that, I thought Canelo won a clear, although close, decision against Golovkin, fairly. Against Lara, I thought he edged it with his body punching, which are also points scoring shots. That was an extremely close fight though.

Comment

Paulie makes a completely valid point that no one would disagree with AND right on cue the Canelo fans tell us how much he sucks.

Comment

I happen to agree with the racist!
            Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

Ped popping, cheating, and corrupt judges. Paulie talking real here.

Comment

Paulie been crying about scorecards his whole career, from Diaz to Broner…

Comment

But at the time, Canelo was not the cash cow, Mayweather was. Also, Mayweather was the perceived (and actual) better boxer going into the fight, so Canelo didn’t have either blatant advantage going into the Mayweather fight, referenced by Paulie. Besides, any fight against Mayweather would be considered an outlier when comparing the circumstances vs other opponents in other fights.

Originally posted by Liondw View Post
                  Well, it's not totally true, Mayweather beat Canelo easily, but one of the scorecards was ridiculous. He has a point in that if the fight is close, don't expect his opponent to get the decision.

Having said that, I thought Canelo won a clear, although close, decision against Golovkin, fairly. Against Lara, I thought he edged it with his body punching, which are also points scoring shots. That was an extremely close fight though.
                  PBR Streetgang PBR Streetgang likes this.

Comment

I don't think anyone with any remotely serious interest in boxing and knowledge of boxing history and the business disagrees with Pauli here. It's not exactly a secret amongst the pros.
                    That's why tt's so funny watching people get bent out of shape when opponents (like BJS) refuse to get steamrollered on other points in the attempt to level the playing field as much as possible.
                    If BJS was just coming to collect a check he wouldn't give a **** of the ring was 10' He's just trying to protect his interests.
                    And the reason he's going on about the judges is in an attempt to serve notice to the judges and the public that they can expect pushback if the cards are a joke. Sadly, the best he can hope for is a moral victory because judges still hand in terrible cards.

Comment

Working...
                    X