Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roy Jones Gives Saunders "Really Good Chance' To Shock Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Roy Jones Gives Saunders "Really Good Chance' To Shock Canelo

Former four division world champion Roy Jones Jr. believes Billy Joe Saunders has a 'good chance' of shocking the world with a victory over Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez on Saturday night at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas. The two champions will collide for the WBO, WBC, WBA super middleweight titles.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Everyone continues to bring up Mayweather and Lara fights, how long ago was that? You know, fighters grow and become better. I bet come Sunday all those people saying Saunders is going to win, are going to be calling him a bum when he loses....

Comment

Canelo does have problems with boxers that have good legs but he has improved ever since.

Comment

BJS is not Mayweather and Canelo is a much better boxer at 30 than he was at 24. Added to that, Canelo has been so much more active to the point that we would expect him to be sharper.

I've been saying for a while that I expect a Canelo stoppage and I have no reason to change that opinion, even though we know BJS will run.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenfield02 View Post
          Everyone continues to bring up Mayweather and Lara fights, how long ago was that? You know, fighters grow and become better. I bet come Sunday all those people saying Saunders is going to win, are going to be calling him a bum when he loses....
          The problem with that is ggg boxed him the first fight and everyone thought ggg won. Also, it was CLOSE with jacobs who is not the best boxer. None of these fights were long ago, Canelo can be outboxed off he has no chance to counter punch against stationary targets. I even think Khan was doing very well against Canelo until his chin gave out. Canelo isn’t some JC Superstar who looks unbeatable. He looks beatable against movers, and Unlike Chavez, he has been carefully matched. Most recently against a diet of European domestic level no hopers
          Last edited by Oldskoolg; 05-05-2021, 08:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post

The problem with that is ggg boxed him the first fight and everyone thought ggg won. Also, it was CLOSE with jacobs who is not the best boxer. None of these fights were long ago, Canelo can be outboxed off he has no chance to counter punch against stationary targets. I even think Khan was doing very well against Canelo until his chin gave out. Canelo isn’t some JC Superstar who looks unbeatable. He looks beatable against movers, and I like Chavez, he has been carefully matched. Most recently against a diet of European domestic level no hopers
            And the problem with comparing this to GGG, is that in that first fight, one of the reasons that GGG was able to do that is Canelo was respectful of GGG's power and the pattern tended toward GGG coming forward and Canelo backing up. Second fight, it was a different story. No way Canelo is going to be backed up by BJS. Canelo might play it cagey for a round or two, but I fully expect him to be walking BJS down after that and showing no respect for his power.

And as for carefully matched... Canelo has faced consistently a higher tier of opponent than BJS. Who has Saunders faced that is anywhere near Canelo's level?

Comment

No, this is just Roy trying to get people interested in the fight so they can continue to call Canelo the best fighter since Muhammad Ali after he beats BJS. Everyone knows this guy is a poor opponent and not a big win for your resume.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenfield02 View Post
                ———-
                Those are the same guys that bring up Castillo when people talk about Floyd.

Comment

Put money on it Roy

Comment

Originally posted by TernceBudCharlo View Post
                    No, this is just Roy trying to get people interested in the fight so they can continue to call Canelo the best fighter since Muhammad Ali after he beats BJS. Everyone knows this guy is a poor opponent and not a big win for your resume.
                    ———
                    Most people count guys like Roy and Floyd as the best fighters since Ali.
                    Canelo is good but he’s only 30 so after he unifies 168 division and then take on some guaranteed HoF fighters, he will fall into the ATG debate.

Comment

Working...
                    X