Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Natasha Jonas: I Will Be a World Champion, The Journey Continues

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Natasha Jonas: I Will Be a World Champion, The Journey Continues

Natasha Jonas has vowed that she will become world champion - following her fantastic clash with Katie Taylor for the undisputed lightweight titles over the weekend. Jonas (9-2-1, 7 KOs) was facing Taylor (18-0, 6 KOs) at the AO Arena in Manchester, with Jonas putting in an incredible performance, coming up narrowly short in the battle.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I like Jonas, she is skilled and was very entertaining in both the Harper and Taylor fights. She can definitely crack a bit, she just needs to up the work rate a bit.

Hopefully she finds success. I'd like to see her campaign at super featherweight, a rematch with Harper or fights against Hamadouche or Meyer would be good to see.

Comment

“ I’ll be a world champion “ of course you will the talent pool is tiny , there are enough vacant titles and boxing for Hearn he will drum a trinket for sure ..

Comment

It's hard for women's fighters to develop. There aren't many good fighters. There are a handful of elite fighters and a ton of bad ones. So the ones in between are either completely overmatched or in a cakewalk, and that makes it hard for them to improve.

With Harper and Taylor back to back I think she has learned a lot, and I think she can win a title legitimately at some point.

Look at Jessica McCaskill. She had 18 amateur fights and 6 pro fights against bums before she fought Taylor. Taylor won clearly but McCaskill hung in there, and learned a lot. Then she fought five more champions (two against future HOFer Farias, one against Anahi Sanchez, two against possible GOAT Braekhus) in a row and now she's the undisputed welterweight champion of the world and Taylor wants no part of a rematch.

Comment

Working...
        X