Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo-Saunders: Three Americans, None From Texas, Assigned To Judge Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Canelo-Saunders: Three Americans, None From Texas, Assigned To Judge Fight

ARLINGTON, Texas - Three American judges have been chosen to score the Canelo Alvarez-Billy Joe Saunders fight Saturday night. BoxingScene.com has learned that the Texas Combative Sports Program has assigned Nevada's Tim Cheatham, California's Max De Luca and Connecticut's Glenn Feldman to work their 12-round, 168-pound title unification fight at AT&T Stadium. Texas' Mark Calo-oy has been appointed as the referee for the Alvarez-Saunders bout, which DAZN will stream from the home stadium of the Dallas Cowboys.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 05-04-2021, 10:23 PM.

Dewey, Cheatham & Howe?

Comment

I have a feeling we won't need the judges

Comment

Huge fight! BJS is an excellent highly skilled confident boxer. The defensif southpaw is very slick and complicated to fight. He's very underrated in my opinion...

The underdog Saunders, who's naturally bigger, has the speed, reflexes and footwork to annoy or even defeat the great Superstar Canelo.

I anticipate a wonderful fight between 2 really opposite styles. But at the end of the day, Canelo's power combined with his unmatched dedication and his smart agression will triumph.

Alvarez by MD 115-113

Comment

Won’t be needed bjs will quit typical Gypsy

Comment

"It was later stipulated in the contracts of both boxers, though, that such an arrangement would not be possible in Texas"

This is incorrect.

If you read the regulations (as I did) you will find that they absolutely have the discretion to have international judges. All that is required is that they be appropriately qualified and experienced. Hence it is perfectly possible, it is simply not preferred for whatever reason.

Comment

Originally posted by petegrif View Post
              "It was later stipulated in the contracts of both boxers, though, that such an arrangement would not be possible in Texas"

This is incorrect.

If you read the regulations (as I did) you will find that they absolutely have the discretion to have international judges. All that is required is that they be appropriately qualified and experienced. Hence it is perfectly possible, it is simply not preferred for whatever reason.
              It is not the norm in any way & the commission whos job it is to use their discretion ( as per rules)is supposed to select the judges with the best track record of nuetrality & fairness,(even if I disagree with 1 or 2)in big fights they usually choose judges exactly like these 3,& the fighters have never had a say in it in texas,& can only contest judges from the pool of judges they are given. They can't pick judges when its a unification from 3 orgs happening in Texas with 70k(never in a million years)

Comment

Originally posted by kushking View Post

It is not the norm in any way & the commission whos job it is to use their discretion ( as per rules)is supposed to select the judges with the best track record of nuetrality & fairness,(even if I disagree with 1 or 2)in big fights they usually choose judges exactly like these 3,& the fighters have never had a say in it in texas,& can only contest judges from the pool of judges they are given. They can't pick judges when its a unification from 3 orgs happening in Texas with 70k(never in a million years)
                Texas has the judges with the best track records? You mean the most corrupt place on earth to fight against a Mexican? The delusion you're under when you claim they are fair and neutral has been exposed with brutal accuracy when you acknowledge the history of mass corruption you cheats have to get wins you're clearly beaten in. But then again, i know what kind of deranged extremist i'm talking to. So continue with your madness as per usual.

Comment

Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post

Texas has the judges with the best track records? You mean the most corrupt place on earth to fight against a Mexican? The delusion you're under when you claim they are fair and neutral has been exposed with brutal accuracy when you acknowledge the history of mass corruption you cheats have to get wins you're clearly beaten in. But then again, i know what kind of deranged extremist i'm talking to. So continue with your madness as per usual.
                  Texas picked judges who nsac always picks,so stfu

Its hilarious how inbred you are with your ultranationalistic caravan bias, just like you luv cheats Shyte & BJS,"dey good lads,no cheats,just Dbol & Spray mate"

It not yeer fault boyo your fader conceived you with the caravan dag u call yer sistir & mudder.
                  Last edited by kushking; 05-05-2021, 05:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post

You mean like the judges in the Mikey vs. SPENCE fight??? I don't remember any favoritism for the MexiCAN in that fight???

Comment

Working...
                    X