No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Liam Smith vs. Magomed Kurbanov Clash Lands on ESPN+

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Liam Smith vs. Magomed Kurbanov Clash Lands on ESPN+

Former WBO junior middleweight world champion Liam "Beefy" Smith is set to enter enemy territory. Smith, from Liverpool, England, will battle undefeated Russian contender Magomed Kurbanov for the vacant WBO International junior middleweight title Friday at KRK Uralets in Yekaterinburg, Russia.
    [Click Here To Read More]

More bad news for the Brits, 'Beefy' is getting slaughtered in Russia. A terrible year for UK boxing.
    mlac mlac likes this.

Comment

Fun fight! Should be good while it lasts.

Comment

Doe's anyone know who's covering this in the UK?

Comment

Kurbanov looked like an exciting explosive power puncher coming up, but the last 3 or so years hes regressed massively, he cant stick to a gameplan and his team are trying to make him box but he just resorts to wild winging hooks still. His gastank is not reliable and anything more than 2-3 punch combo he looks super sloppy & wild.

Smith is not very good but hes very tough and he is very disciplined, he should really be picking apart Kurbanov especially with Robles in his corner who i rate massively...When he gets him hurt or kurbanov gasses after an early onslaught then IF Smith survives like i think he will, he will take Kurbanov out mid to late IMO.

but **** it im taking a punt on kurbanov purely because hes the underdog...

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
            Kurbanov looked like an exciting explosive power puncher coming up, but the last 3 or so years hes regressed massively, he cant stick to a gameplan and his team are trying to make him box but he just resorts to wild winging hooks still. His gastank is not reliable and anything more than 2-3 punch combo he looks super sloppy & wild.

Smith is not very good but hes very tough and he is very disciplined, he should really be picking apart Kurbanov especially with Robles in his corner who i rate massively...When he gets him hurt or kurbanov gasses after an early onslaught then IF Smith survives like i think he will, he will take Kurbanov out mid to late IMO.

but **** it im taking a punt on kurbanov purely because hes the underdog...
            Yeah, I think Beefy is gonna wear down and beat your boy Kurbanov, might even stop him late. Looking forward to the fight and the Russian card for sure
            mlac mlac likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post

Yeah, I think Beefy is gonna wear down and beat your boy Kurbanov, might even stop him late. Looking forward to the fight and the Russian card for sure
              My only hope is the fact mongiua absolutely battered beefy to a pulp. and he is rubbish so, but then again that was more to do with sheer size & kurbanov doesnt have that, all he has is his wildness & the hope he overwhelms beef early on, cant wait either way. Comrade Bufferov better be there

Comment

Working...
              X