Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ryder Doubts He'll Replace Saunders in Canelo Fight, Thinks It's 'Smoke and Mirrors'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ryder Doubts He'll Replace Saunders in Canelo Fight, Thinks It's 'Smoke and Mirrors'

Super middleweight contender John Ryder has confirmed that he's flying out to Dallas, but highly doubts that he'll replace Billy Joe Saunders in the upcoming clash with Mexican superstar Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez. Saunders and Canelo are scheduled to collide on Saturday night for the WBC, WBA, WBO world titles at the AT&T Stadium in Arlington.
    [Click Here To Read More]

A Ryder vs Canelo fight would be nice at this stage. At least the fight will not resemble a track meet.

Comment

Seems very unlikely that Ryder will step in. In whose interest is that? Not the fight fans have paid to see, so not in their interest. Not a belt holder, so doesn't give Canelo the unification he wants. Not in Ryder's interest because he has had no chance to prepare for one of the best fighters in the world.

Comment

I thought a 20 foot ring was the biggest they allowed and the standard for 'big' fights and world title bouts. It's mind games, the fight will happen. I don't think he'll move as much as people think.

Comment

Ryder would be a better fight hopefully colonel Saunders chickens out and retires from boxing so we never have to hear about that re-tard again.

Comment

Nothing would make me happier than to see a good dude like Ryder get a decent payday and an asshat like Saunders lose out on one, but I agree with John ... smoke and mirrors. Billy's just playing games here..

Comment

Ive seen BJS fights and I never got the impression that he was a fighter that was constantly on his legs dancing around. He uses alot of feints and subtle footwork to control range and timing.

Sure the extra ring area would be better for him but not a game changer. Just mind games by Saunders. I'm ambivalent toward Canelo but BJS is a fighter I don't like whatsoever.

Comment

I bet Ryder is already preppin First Class as we speak just in case!

Comment

They haven't announce his fight with Morell Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by garfios View Post
                    They haven't announce his fight with Morell Jr.
                    That's what I was thinking? When did this fight get made?
                    Last edited by Bronx2245; 05-05-2021, 07:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X