Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: ABC News To Air 4-Hour Mike Tyson Documentary Covering Boxer's Climb, Crash And Comeback

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: ABC News To Air 4-Hour Mike Tyson Documentary Covering Boxer's Climb, Crash And Comeback

Programming covering Mike Tyson's tumultuous life and career is very much still in demand in 2021. ABC News became the latest entity on Monday to jump into the ring looking to tell the story of the "Baddest Man on the Planet" when it announced "Mike Tyson: The Knockout," a two-part, four-hour documentary series scheduled to air on back-back-back Tuesdays on May 25 and June 1 from 8 to 10 p.m. EST.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Mike Tyson is a living legend,OMG what an era in boxing that was great boxers used to want the glory now all politics

Comment

Don’t get me wrong I love Mike Tyson. He has a very interesting story, is a very prominent figure in boxing as well as pop culture, but how many Mike Tyson specials do we need?

How much more is there to say really? Since his Mike Tyson one man show that he did a few years ago what has happened? He has a podcast and he’s started doing exhibition shows. Are we going to have a Mike Tyson special every few years?

I’d rather see a special on other prominent boxing figures who might have interesting stories.

Even a special on the whole Pacquiao vs Mayweather rivalry would be interesting to look into. Like a 30 for 30. Learning more about the behind the scenes into it. The back and forth negotiations.

Comment

Originally posted by b morph View Post
        Don’t get me wrong I love Mike Tyson. He has a very interesting story, is a very prominent figure in boxing as well as pop culture, but how many Mike Tyson specials do we need?

How much more is there to say really? Since his Mike Tyson one man show that he did a few years ago what has happened? He has a podcast and he’s started doing exhibition shows. Are we going to have a Mike Tyson special every few years?

I’d rather see a special on other prominent boxing figures who might have interesting stories.

Even a special on the whole Pacquiao vs Mayweather rivalry would be interesting to look into. Like a 30 for 30. Learning more about the behind the scenes into it. The back and forth negotiations.
        Totally agree

Comment

Originally posted by b morph View Post

Agree as well. But he's an icon who transcends his sport... He's a name like Michael Jordan or Michael Jackson. Everyone knows who he is.

My first question was going to be "told by whom?" It's at least good to hear there are other people like Teddy Atlas so you can at least her other people's story/take on things.

Comment

Originally posted by sidefx996 View Post

Agree as well. But he's an icon who transcends his sport... He's a name like Michael Jordan or Michael Jackson. Everyone knows who he is.

My first question was going to be "told by whom?" It's at least good to hear there are other people like Teddy Atlas so you can at least her other people's story/take on things.
            I mean that’s the only way I can see it. Hearing about his story from different perspectives. We’ve already heard everything from Mike.

Comment

I think Mike Tyson is more of a fascination outside of the ring for his antics and controversy that surrounds his life. Boxing wise he was the best during his peak times but after that things just fizzled off as time went by. As long as these things benefit Tyson then I think it works in his favor. I am glad to see that he turned his life around though.

Comment

Working...
              X