Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Can Saunders Pull it Off? Maybe, But Don't Hold Your Breath

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Can Saunders Pull it Off? Maybe, But Don't Hold Your Breath

By Lyle Fitzsimmons - Oh sure, it's been done. There have been fights - two, in fact - where mega-talented stylists have bamboozled Canelo Alvarez with movement, speed and guile. Floyd Mayweather Jr. did it in 2013 in the first megaevent of a then-inexperienced Mexican's career.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Can Saunders afford to make even one mistake? I don't think so.
    Nomadic Nomadic likes this.

Comment

I agree that Canelo will likely win but I disagree that he gets a stoppage. He hasn't stopped any high level opponent at middleweight and super middleweight for years, although he did stand his ground and hurt Golovkin in the rematch. Saunders is better than the other british fighters.
      Butt stuff Butt stuff likes this.

Comment

It’s a points win for Nelo all day and night
        it will however be funny if Saunders shows up and does win doe
        That will be the day pigs fly though

Comment

Most likely Canelo wins a split decision type fight.

If you want to beat Canelo, you must knock him out.

Comment

Originally posted by NC Uppercut View Post
            It’s a points win for Nelo all day and night
            it will however be funny if Saunders shows up and does win doe
            That will be the day pigs fly though
            What’s “Doe”? What’s that supposed to mean? I’m confused is all.

Comment

Billy joe could get out to an early lead before canelo starts to get to him. Canelo to win on points 8-4, 7-5

Comment

Originally posted by Liondw View Post
                I agree that Canelo will likely win but I disagree that he gets a stoppage. He hasn't stopped any high level opponent at middleweight and super middleweight for years, although he did stand his ground and hurt Golovkin in the rematch. Saunders is better than the other british fighters.
                I believe a stoppage is a likely possibility, based on the fact that the only one shot isufi landed on BJ rocked him in that fight and id say Canelo hits harder then Isufi. Think it will happen late on if it does, Canelo will fight with similar tactics as he did vs Kovalev, waiting alot for his opportunity but when he does get it he wont let BJ of the hook

Comment

Originally posted by super-x View Post

I believe a stoppage is a likely possibility, based on the fact that the only one shot isufi landed on BJ rocked him in that fight and id say Canelo hits harder then Isufi. Think it will happen late on if it does, Canelo will fight with similar tactics as he did vs Kovalev, waiting alot for his opportunity but when he does get it he wont let BJ of the hook
                  And Cotto’s brother badly hurt Canelo. So what? Does that mean Canelo has no chin? A chin is a chin right? You can take a shot or you can’t, regardless of age and experience, that’s the narrative in boxing. Canelo also got stunned by an uppercut by Mayweather who isnt a big puncher.

anyone can get buzzed with the right shot. Even Malignaggi managed to buzz a few fighters.

Saunders has shown a very good chin in his career, never been down. Isufi caught him but Billy went back, composed himself and was ok. He was never going down or anything. Isufi is a career light heavyweight with a good KO%. Anyone could feel a shot by a bigger man if it lands right. Saunders has been a bit buzzed once in 30 fights. Hardly the sign of a guy who doesn’t take a shot well.

Canelo isn’t really a big puncher. Most of his stoppages have been against lower level opposition, guys that have been stopped by nobodies or against shot fighters. Any time he fights a good solid good level fighter near the prime, He never even looks like dropping them.

It’s unlikely he stops BJS.
                  Butt stuff Butt stuff likes this.

Comment

Nelo is more worried about bjs than has been for many. Bjs can do it. nel o got experience now though

Comment

Working...
                    X