Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Derek Chisora To Fight On: I'm Not Retiring Yet, Forget That

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Derek Chisora To Fight On: I'm Not Retiring Yet, Forget That

Heavyweight contender Derek Chisora has no intention of retiring after suffering a close split decision loss to former WBO world champion Joseph Parker on Saturday night in Manchester.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Lee did not say Chisora won, Chisora insisted he won, was emotional, put Lee on the spot, so he just went along with it. Some people are more realistic than others, Buddy McGirt probably didn't see it much different to Lee, but Chisora is deluded when it comes to whether he won a fight, Parker isn't, Parker has said he thought he did enough to win, he didn't ask Lee if he believed he had done enough to legitimately win, he asked if he would get the decision, most trainers don't promise a fighter they will get the decision when they know it's close. 116-111 was generous for Parker, but Chisora was fortunate in the first round, especially given Parker won the rest of the round so clearly, it was a legitimate knock down because a punch technically knocked Parker off his feet, but it was about balance, Parker wasn't hurt.

Comment

Win or lose, Chisora and Arreola have been doing just enough lately to still be relevant in the HW division! Props to both veterans and keep getting them checks!

Comment

Del deserved as least a draw 116-111 was way off! Parker would be well beaten by Wilder and Fury but his and Del's match up was always going to be decent but as Del says rightly himself chief support for a proper PPv Fury v Joshua would be more suited .

Comment

Chisora has lost to every good fighter he has ever faced.

Tyson Fury twice
          Robert Helenius
          Vitali Klitschko
          David Haye
          Kubrat Pulev
          Dillian Whyte twice
          ​​​​​​Agit Kabayel
          Oleksandr Usyk
          Joseph Parker

His best wins? David Price, Artur Szpilka, Malik Scott, and Carlos Takam. Price, Szpilka, and Takam had already been stopped multiple times before Chisora fought them, too. Damaged goods. He did take Scott's 0, though. That's his best win, which is pretty sad.

He makes for entertaining fights but he's just not that good. I scored the last fight for Parker even though Parker has looked like **** for several years now.

Comment

Originally posted by famicommander View Post

Tyson Fury twice
            Robert Helenius
            Vitali Klitschko
            David Haye
            Kubrat Pulev
            Dillian Whyte twice
            ​​​​​​Agit Kabayel
            Oleksandr Usyk
            Joseph Parker

His best wins? David Price, Artur Szpilka, Malik Scott, and Carlos Takam. Price, Szpilka, and Takam had already been stopped multiple times before Chisora fought them, too. Damaged goods. He did take Scott's 0, though. That's his best win, which is pretty sad.

He makes for entertaining fights but he's just not that good. I scored the last fight for Parker even though Parker has looked like **** for several years now.
            His best win is Takam, no doubt.

Comment

Tyson Fury twice
              Robert Helenius
              Vitali Klitschko
              David Haye
              Kubrat Pulev
              Dillian Whyte twice
              ​​​​​​Agit Kabayel
              Oleksandr Usyk
              Joseph Parker

Sure he's lost alot, but you just listed alot of very notable fighters that he's stepped into the ring with. In a good amount of those fights, he gave nearly as good as he got.

I'm a fan of Chisora because he entertains the masses and is willing to throw hands with anyone. I'd much rather watch Del Boy fight than alot of the contenders who refuse to fight anyone with a pulse unless a major belt is on the line.

Comment

.. and ducked by Deontay Wilder .. left Del Boy and Frank at the press conference don't forget

Tyson Fury twice
                Robert Helenius
                Vitali Klitschko
                David Haye
                Kubrat Pulev
                Dillian Whyte twice
                ​​​​​​Agit Kabayel
                Oleksandr Usyk
                Joseph Parker

Comment

He's going to go out like Rocky V...

Comment

What a strange position chisora is in he isnt good enough to clearly beat the top 10 fighters yet gives them a decent enough fight

He may even be too good to be a gatekeeper for prospects looking to ease into European or world level I guess if he can milk matchroom for money for a few more fights fair play to him

Comment

Working...
                    X