Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Saunders: Callum Smith Took The Money Route For Canelo Fight; Wasn't At His Best

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Saunders: Callum Smith Took The Money Route For Canelo Fight; Wasn't At His Best

From Billy Joe Saunders' standpoint, Callum Smith committed his biggest mistake long before he got in the ring with Canelo Alvarez. According to Saunders, Smith never should've accepted such a difficult fight on approximately five weeks' notice. It's not enough time, Saunders says, to properly prepare for an elite fighter with Alvarez's experience, power and skill.
    [Click Here To Read More]

BJS is full of lies and always spinning excuses. If you have DAZN you can watch the promo interviews they're doing. BJS said Smith's ''wrong gameplan'' was thinking his size and reach was enough for Canelo. BJS continues to say it was the ''wrong gameplan'' and ''you can't stand on the ropes against Canelo.'' Hearn said both Smith and BJS have had more than enough time to prep for Canelo.

Comment

Well BJS, from the mental side of things, you've had basically a year to wrap yourself around the idea of fighting Canelo if not, a solid 6 months at the very least.

Comment

Originally posted by Thuglife Nelo View Post
        BJS is full of lies and always spinning excuses. If you have DAZN you can watch the promo interviews they're doing. BJS said Smith's ''wrong gameplan'' was thinking his size and reach was enough for Canelo. BJS continues to say it was the ''wrong gameplan'' and ''you can't stand on the ropes against Canelo.'' Hearn said both Smith and BJS have had more than enough time to prep for Canelo.
        I personally don’t rate BJS at all as a person, but there’s literally nothing wrong with what he said here. Yes Callum Smith had a poor game plan, and BJS’s reasoning is that he simply didn’t spend the right amount of time to create one. Whether Callum smith would have done much better with a longer training camp is debatable, but be I’m not sure how anyone can think a 5 week training camp for a big super middleweight that needs to cut weight is ideal preparation for a fight taking place across the Atlantic? It’s basic knowledge that 10-12 weeks is the standard length for an ideal training camp, with 8 at the very least.

And of course Hearn would say that - why would he acknowledge that fighters for a promotion he put on didn’t have enough time, and in turn arguably diminish the performance of his star fighter?

BJS is usually full of s**t but he’s not wrong here.

Comment

Come Sunday, you know Saunders is going to be coming with excuses.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackstarr View Post

I personally don’t rate BJS at all as a person, but there’s literally nothing wrong with what he said here. Yes Callum Smith had a poor game plan, and BJS’s reasoning is that he simply didn’t spend the right amount of time to create one. Whether Callum smith would have done much better with a longer training camp is debatable, but be I’m not sure how anyone can think a 5 week training camp for a big super middleweight that needs to cut weight is ideal preparation for a fight taking place across the Atlantic? It’s basic knowledge that 10-12 weeks is the standard length for an ideal training camp, with 8 at the very least.

And of course Hearn would say that - why would he acknowledge that fighters for a promotion he put on didn’t have enough time, and in turn arguably diminish the performance of his star fighter?

BJS is usually full of s**t but he’s not wrong here.
            Stop it. Smith said he trained way ahead of time, not no 5 weeks. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Afi23 View Post
              Well BJS, from the mental side of things, you've had basically a year to wrap yourself around the idea of fighting Canelo if not, a solid 6 months at the very least.
              BJS is funny. In the DAZN promo interview BJS said “5 weeks” of “mental preparation while also saying Smith had enough time with training. He’s basically saying that the fight should’ve been announced earlier during Smith’s training camp. Lol. Ridiculous spinning. Even Smith said he was training way ahead of time. Both Smiths and BJs had a full year to prep as both were bidding for Canelo in December.

i don’t even see how bringing up Smith applies to BJS himself. Lol. He’s an idiot
              Afi23 Afi23 likes this.

Comment

Smith and BJS have the same problem - they both beat a load of nobodies and then went straight to the top dog. So now when they come up against one of the greatest fighters ever - they haven't learnt the tools they need to be competitive. Who has BJS beaten? No one top-level. Canelo wins this in 8-10 rounds. BJS will just run in the early rounds, and land a few meaningless shots along the way to his inevitable defeat.

Comment

Smith has got a lot to prove. He hasn't fought any really elite fighters. I just can't envision him getting in any meaningful licks enough to hold Alvarez off.
                  He'll need some incredible luck. And the crowd...man he's in hostel territory. Doesn't look good for BJS.

Comment

Originally posted by Thuglife Nelo View Post

Stop it. Smith said he trained way ahead of time, not no 5 weeks. Lol
                    Stop what? I’m going entirely on what’s stated in the article, and all I’ve said is you can’t criticise someone for saying that 5 weeks isn’t enough time to prepare when clearly it isn’t.

If Smith’s training camp was longer than 5 weeks, then then fair enough, but you should have led with this in your original response and substantiated it. Given how aggressively defensive you’ve been however, I very much doubt Smith said this and you’re just being biased.

Comment

Working...
                    X