Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: 'Disappointed' Hearn: I've Done Good Job For Saunders; Delivered Him The Canelo Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: 'Disappointed' Hearn: I've Done Good Job For Saunders; Delivered Him The Canelo Fight

Eddie Hearn has braced himself for an awkward fight week in Arlington, Texas. The British promoter represents Canelo Alvarez and Billy Joe Saunders, but Saunders is bothered because the unbeaten WBO super middleweight champion claims Hearn has favored Alvarez throughout the promotion of the 168-pound title unification fight. Tyson Fury, Saunders' close friend, and Saunders' father, Tom, are among his supporters who've criticized Hearn publicly for perceived mistreatment of Saunders during the buildup toward the biggest fight of the British southpaw's career.
    [Click Here To Read More]

The fact that he feels more indebted to BJS than Andrade is what's disappointing. Had BJS fought Andrade in 2018 he wouldn't be in line to receive a Canelo fight. BJS has some gall. You think he'd be appreciative to even be in this position after these injust actions.
    Joey's Place Joey's Place likes this.

Comment

They are just getting excuses ready. I didn't feel up for it because even my promoter was against me etc...... Saunders thinks he should have the same attention as Canelo the star of boxing, while he does **** all to promote the fight. He refused to do media. All a set up for excuses.
      Last edited by Robbie Barrett; 05-03-2021, 07:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MPDKSAB View Post
        The fact that he feels more indebted to BJS than Andrade is what's disappointing. Had BJS fought Andrade in 2018 he wouldn't be in line to receive a Canelo fight. BJS has some gall. You think he'd be appreciative to even be in this position after these injust actions.
        Tell 'em!

In the current state of boxing, if your promoter is able to deliver the Canelo fight, at the very least, be thankful and keep it moving!
        Andrade has seen BJS and Jacobs be rewarded and still doesn't talk BS about Eddie.

P-S: BJS must have forgotten that Eddie found a way to finesse the 168lbs WBO belt for him in the first place!

Comment

I don't feel this is any giant surprise here. Just looks like a fighter and his team/entourage getting all the ducks in a row they possibly can to explain away reasons why he looked like garbage, if he indeed ends up being made to look like garbage by Canelo, and why he lost, if indeed he ends up losing to Canelo. Just some preemptive measures is all. But, IF he manages to pull off the upset, he'll then point out all the obstacles we've seen them already mention as further evidence of how amazing a BJS win is.

Comment

I'm really looking forward to watching a person I don't like beat the shìt out of a person I like even less.

Comment

BJS is just being an ingrate. How many boxers are dying for a payday with Canelo?

Comment

Saunders is doing it on purpose

He said when the Canelo v Smith fight was happening and again weeks ago that he isn’t just going to turn up being a thankful opponent, playing to the tune of the Canelo show and running around doing all the media. So it’s clear he’s purposely acting this way.

it’s the same thing Fury did v Wlad, turn up, pointing out the canvas and not just being another opponent happy for the opportunity.

it probably won’t affect Canelo but that’s not the point, at least Saunders feels in control of his own situation.

Go and watch his DAZN interview with Gareth Davies, he basically talks about the Smith preparation for Canelo, Where you get blinded by the big fight, flown over and have to do all this media and follow the Canelo show and suddenly are in the ring before you can put yourself in the right mindset.

Saunders is being smart. It’s not about mind games against Canelo, he is putting himself in the mental space to prepare for the fight by not being a quiet thankful opponent. That’s when he’s at his best.

Comment

Originally posted by Afi23 View Post
                  P-S: BJS must have forgotten that Eddie found a way to finesse the 168lbs WBO belt for him in the first place!
                  Oh, come on now, man! That was obviously just slip up that he forgot about. Expect to see a retraction and very sincere apology in the next hour or two
                  Afi23 Afi23 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxviewer View Post
                    BJS is just being an ingrate. How many boxers are dying for a payday with Canelo?
                    Read my above post. That’s the point.

Boxes are dying for the payday and it makes them feel inferior and thankful instead of in control of their own situation.

BJS talks about this clearly in the very few serious interviews he does.

watch his latest DAZN interview, it gives a good insight of why he’s doing it

Comment

Working...
                    X