Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Dmitry Bivol: I Believe That I Can Become Undisputed at 175-Pounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Dmitry Bivol: I Believe That I Can Become Undisputed at 175-Pounds

At the Manchester Arena in Manchester, Dmitry Bivol retained his WBA light heavyweight world title via a unanimous decision despite a spirited performance from South Londoner Craig Richards.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Bivol is tricky. He's a very good boxer but he doesn't have great power and he's undersized for LHW. He also seems to do just enough to win.

I'd expect him to defeat Smith again but I'm not sure he would up against Beterbiev's pressure, power and physicality.

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post
      Bivol is tricky. He's a very good boxer but he doesn't have great power and he's undersized for LHW. He also seems to do just enough to win.

I'd expect him to defeat Smith again but I'm not sure he would up against Beterbiev's pressure, power and physicality.
      He gets hit cleanly a lot but hes gotten lucky the opponents warent big punchers. Same thing can be said even more about Beterbieve though,both guys have tons of flaws & so long as Bivols chin holds up I think he can potentially outbox Artur

Comment

He is too undersized for a LH. He got hit a good amount in this fight vs Richards. I think a remtach with smith would be nice!

Comment

Yeah you and beterbiev have to actually fight each other for that to happen.

Comment

Ring rust was evident. Same as Andy Ruiz.

Comment

the problem for everyone is that Beterbiev is a brute. He will just come and tear you apart little by little.

Comment

Originally posted by kushking View Post

He gets hit cleanly a lot but hes gotten lucky the opponents warent big punchers. Same thing can be said even more about Beterbieve though,both guys have tons of flaws & so long as Bivols chin holds up I think he can potentially outbox Artur
                Smith is a big puncher, no?
                Beterbiev is a much better boxer than most people seem to recognize. He had a stellar amateur career.

Comment

I am becoming cynical about Bivol's intentions to take the bigger fights. He has been saying exactly the same thing since he gained attention 5 years ago, even when you factor in COVID, promotional issues, etc he has underachieved IMO.

The expectation that Bivol would fight Beterbiev has long been around. Now that there is talk of a fight with Canelo and Beterbiev, and Beterbiev in his mid-thirties it's looking less likely they will face each other before Beterbiev ages out.

They need to fight before the end of next year. It would be a helluva fight, and the winner could face Joe Smith Jr for all the marbles, which I'm sure Smith would be happy to do.

Comment

Maybe so but can Matchroom at least make an effort to keep this guy relevant?
                    nino brown21 nino brown21 likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X