Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andy Ruiz: Arreola Landed Good Right in Second, I Was Too Overconfident

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Andy Ruiz: Arreola Landed Good Right in Second, I Was Too Overconfident

Former unified heavyweight world champion Andy "The Destroyer" Ruiz Jr. bounced back from an early knockdown to defeat all-action heavyweight Chris "The Nightmare" Arreola by unanimous decision in the main event of a FOX Sports PBC Pay-Per-View event Saturday night from Dignity Health Sports Park in Carson, California.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Ruiz ain’t look so good
    TinAgeOfBoxing TinAgeOfBoxing likes this.

Comment

If wilder landed that right he would not have got up

Comment

Ruiz did not look good at all last night. I think that even though his weight was lower he doesn't have the same strength and conditioning he had for the first Joshua fight because he took a year off from going to the gym and got up to 310 pounds
        TinAgeOfBoxing TinAgeOfBoxing likes this.

Comment

Wilder would walk through this little guy who is fast handed but there to be hit .

Comment

Quit trying to be Canelo. Andys boxing was always decent, his weight is the problem. Get rid of the weight, don't try to turn it into muscle pumping iron. That trick never worked.

Comment

'he doesn't have the same strength and conditioning he had for the first Joshua fight' He looked very fat, flabby & unfit for the first Joshua fight. In fact I've never seen Ruiz look fit. That was why most people expected Anthony to win comfortably. The kid obviously can fight a little bit & some fighters just feel better being overweight. Tim Witherspoon & Tony Tubbs were examples of top quality H/Ws who just were never going to look 'ripped' but, damn, they could fight.

Comment

I have only seen highlights, as I was not buying the PPV. But Ruiz can be forgiven if his ring rust and first time with a new trainer left him sub-par. But if that was as good as Ruiz gets with his new team, at least he will always have his win over Joshua to celebrate. One huge win in boxing is enough to keep you popular forever. It works for Buster Douglas.

Comment

Andy didn't look good I think he spent too much focus on losing weight and trying to tone up instead of just getting his cardio on point to throw his combos that extra muscle probably tired him a bit too and the quick weight loss looked to mess with his punch resistance a bit but in the end he won and he adjusted not bad for someone off a year and half. He looks in better shape obviously maybe he just needs to get adjusted but he needs to stop building muscle that doesn't suit his style his movement seemed a lot stiffer this time around he usually has good head and waist movement.

Comment

In fairness, it is quite difficult to be "just enough" overconfident.

Comment

Working...
                    X