Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chris Eubank Jr. Busts Up, Decisions Marcus Morrison Over Ten Rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Chris Eubank Jr. Busts Up, Decisions Marcus Morrison Over Ten Rounds

At the Manchester Arena in Manchester, Chris Eubank Jr showed some nice touches but was content to go the full ten rounds in his first fight with Roy Jones Jr in his corner, as he earned a comfortable unanimous decision over Marcus Morrison.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 05-01-2021, 03:56 PM.

...wait.

Young Eubank got taken the distance by that guy?

Hmmm. Looks like no promoter will touch Eubank / Andrade.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
      ...wait.

Young Eubank got taken the distance by that guy?

Hmmm. Looks like no promoter will touch Eubank / Andrade.
      To be fair, Eubank could have stopped him in the second and intentionally backed off because he wanted to go rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by markusmod View Post

To be fair, Eubank could have stopped him in the second and intentionally backed off because he wanted to go rounds.
        I mean, at least take the guy out in 8. Anything not to go to a decision with a C-level.

Comment

Well done chris. I'm sure if you unload all you learnt in gg G you can beat ggg. But maybe not stop.

Comment

This dude highly overrated! I don’t give a dam who’s in his corner he not ready for the big dogs and his power questionable also. Roy hasn’t shown greatness as a trainer either so to be frank, I’m not impressed!

Comment

Saw a lot of similarities between Eubank Jr. and RJJ from his body type to his fighting style and skills in the ring. He looked like a good clone of a primed RJJ with his smoothness and effortless combination and unorthodox punches. I think with a little more time with RJJ and he should be ready for the big boys of the MW division and he would definitely stand a good chance at becoming a world champion.

Comment

That's the sharpest I've ever seen him and the time with Roy clearly hasn't been idle and at least he didn't sound like a complete douche post-fight with weird tangents on karma but none of the 160 elite should feel particularly threatened

Comment

I honestly do not get this story. Eubank did not bust up his opponent , he barely got by in a fight against a guy that a top fighter should have annihilated. Eubank was trying to be Roy Jones Jr. emulating his stance , movement and style and he's not Roy Jones Jr. He missed the overhand rights , the jabs , hooks that Roy almost made an Art form of landing and ate shots from his opponent that wouldn't have come near to touching Jones. You can't clone yourself after an original in boxing and ever be great. How many nameless fighters tried to clone Ali and have become nameless and faceless ? You take instruction and direction from Roy but use your own particular skills to their best advantage. If Eubank ever gets in the ring with GGG , Charlo or any of the top guys he will be embarrassed and demolished . Now his mouth can probably beat anyone . His Dad was the true great fighter in that family , how many father , son great fighters have there been ? Fuhgeddaboutit !!!
                  Leicesterage Combat Talk Radio likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by RBoggie79 View Post
                    Saw a lot of similarities between Eubank Jr. and RJJ from his body type to his fighting style and skills in the ring. He looked like a good clone of a primed RJJ with his smoothness and effortless combination and unorthodox punches. I think with a little more time with RJJ and he should be ready for the big boys of the MW division and he would definitely stand a good chance at becoming a world champion.
                    If you really believe this sir you have serious issues.

Comment

Working...
                    X