Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Carlos Negron: A Win Over Scott Alexander Puts Me One Step Closer To More Meaningful Fights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Carlos Negron: A Win Over Scott Alexander Puts Me One Step Closer To More Meaningful Fights

Carlos Negron realizes that every fight is a must-win situation at this point. The 34-year-old Puerto Rican heavyweight has put his best foot forward in preparation for his upcoming fight with Scott Alexander, which takes place Saturday at Dignity Health Sports Park in Carson, California. The bout serves in supporting capacity to an all-Mexican heavyweight clash between Andy Ruiz (33-2, 22KOs) and Chris Arreola (38-6-1, 33KOs), for which Negron was a standby opponent in the event either side of the Fox Sports Pay-Per-View headliner was forced to withdraw for any reason. With the event moving forward without interruption, Negron not only gets a fight of his own but can enjoy a ringside view of a loftier future goal.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 05-01-2021, 01:58 PM.

Carlos Negron needs to work on his hand speed, and foot speed. Furthermore he has to learn how to survive a blitzkrieg attack from his opponents.
    Holding, blocking, ducking, countering, and flurrying when the time is right. He's getting up there in age, and if he's going to accomplish anything of
    significance it's now or never. When he first turned professional boxer, I thought that he had a good chance at becoming heavyweight champion. After reeling off 13 wins, 0 losses, 9 KO's, he got blitzed in 3 rounds by Epifanio Memdoza, he's also been blitzed in 1 round by Brian Howard, and KO'd in 9 rounds by Dominic Breazeale. His 3 losses have all been by knockout, not a good sign for his durability or ability to take a punch.

Comment

Negron has power as displayed in a fights where he laid out Alfonso & dropped Breazeale but I will never forget that Mendoza fight. Mendoza was a blown up super middleweight & has only beaten 1 opponent with a winning record since. A 6-0 cruiserweight. I have never taken him seriously since. The Breazeale fight was a good scrap. Getting KO’d by Howard didn’t help him but the Alphonso win boosted his stock a little. It got him this Alexander fight on the Ruiz/Arreola undercard. Alexander is on a similar level so it is no gimme for him. I like guys like Negron because they are usually in slugfests that end in highlight reel knockouts win or lose. He packs serious KO power but not much else. He is another Travis Walker, Raphael Butler, Joey Abell level fighter. Fun to watch but not much chance of beating opposition a level higher than him...

Comment

Working...
      X