Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Natasha Jonas: Persoon Showed Katie Taylor Is Human; I Love Proving People Wrong

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Natasha Jonas: Persoon Showed Katie Taylor Is Human; I Love Proving People Wrong

Delfine Persoon's performance in her first fight with Katie Taylor reinforced Natasha Jonas' confidence in her ability to beat the undisputed women's lightweight champion.
    [Click Here To Read More]

You'll be wrecked tomorrow. There are levels to boxing. I give you 3 rounds, actually, without Katie even rushing. I wouldn't mind if she gave you a sustained beating and embarrassed your ass in front of your co-commentators. I don't hate you, but you seem fake.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
      You'll be wrecked tomorrow. There are levels to boxing. I give you 3 rounds, actually, without Katie even rushing. I wouldn't mind if she gave you a sustained beating and embarrassed your ass in front of your co-commentators. I don't hate you, but you seem fake.
      I don’t know what exactly u think u know about boxing any one ☝️ can win on the night and to call someone fake without knowing them takes a very small minded person

Comment

Persoon was a vast underdog and took Katie Taylor to deep waters in BOTH fights.

So either

(A) Taylor is on the decline already
        (B) Persoon exposed her primary weakness (workrate) or
        (C) Persoon is better than people gave her credit for

I personally think that the answer is B and C, especially C.

I also personally think that the same is true of Jonas, because the only person to beat Jonas had to do a strategy that Taylor doesn't do - which is basically blitz her into oblivion. Everyone else has gotten pieced up.

So...Taylor's best possible avenue for winning the fight is to basically fight at range and box to a boring decision, just like she had to do in the second Persoon fight.

But here's the thing. Promoters are going to get real tired of seeing her avoid action because it means her weakness is an aggressive fighter who takes her to deep waters, and she'll be matched to avoid those fights. The only thing saving women's boxing is that they generally throw for the fences and aren't afraid to engage.

Comment

Don’t be shocked if Jonas wins. Obviously Taylor has fought the better opponents and persoon is a great example of that.

Comment

Originally posted by MANNY67 View Post

I don’t know what exactly u think u know about boxing any one ☝️ can win on the night and to call someone fake without knowing them takes a very small minded person
            Have you ever seen her talk? I just don't like her. What's your problem?

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post

Persoon was a vast underdog and took Katie Taylor to deep waters in BOTH fights.

So either

(A) Taylor is on the decline already
              (B) Persoon exposed her primary weakness (workrate) or
              (C) Persoon is better than people gave her credit for

I personally think that the answer is B and C, especially C.

I also personally think that the same is true of Jonas, because the only person to beat Jonas had to do a strategy that Taylor doesn't do - which is basically blitz her into oblivion. Everyone else has gotten pieced up.

So...Taylor's best possible avenue for winning the fight is to basically fight at range and box to a boring decision, just like she had to do in the second Persoon fight.

But here's the thing. Promoters are going to get real tired of seeing her avoid action because it means her weakness is an aggressive fighter who takes her to deep waters, and she'll be matched to avoid those fights. The only thing saving women's boxing is that they generally throw for the fences and aren't afraid to engage.
              I have seen this chick fight a few times, nothing about her impresses me. We'll see.

Comment

I have seen this chick fight a few times, nothing about her impresses me. We'll see.
                Well, her record speaks for itself.

If we're going to say that someone like Berlanga has the chance to upset whoever, we need to give Jonas the same consideration, for the same reason: a resume full of bums that got sparked out.

I'm not upping Jonas, I'm saying that she definitely has a puncher's chance if she goes straight at Taylor with a higher workrate, because we've seen that Taylor can't deal with pressure and when you force her into a firefight, she starts eating shots she shouldn't.

Taylor is 100% boxer. She's not a fighter. A true, skilled fighter is the only one that beats her.

Jonas strikes me as a fighter, not a boxer. How good of a fighter? Who knows.

Comment

Working...
                X