Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sunny Edwards Boxes Past Moruti Mthalane For Decision, Wins IBF Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Sunny Edwards Boxes Past Moruti Mthalane For Decision, Wins IBF Title

Sunny Edwards became IBF flyweight champion as he jabbed and moved, danced and switched for 12 rounds to claim a unanimous decision over Moruti Mthalane at the York Hall, in London.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 04-30-2021, 08:18 PM.
    !-1 !-1 likes this.

The London spotlight will shine on Belfast's Michael “Mick” Conlan and South African great Moruti Mthalane from Copper Box Arena on Friday, April 30.

Mthalane, who is undefeated since 2008, will defend his IBF flyweight world title in the main event against London native Sunny Edwards. In the co-feature, longtime featherweight contender Conlan will make his junior featherweight debut in a 12-rounder against noted spoiler Ionut Baluta.

Promoted by Frank Warren’s Queensberry Promotions, Mthalane-Edwards and Conlan-Baluta will stream live and exclusively in the United States on ESPN+ at 4 p.m. ET/1 p.m. PT. Undercard bouts are scheduled to begin live on ESPN+ starting at 2 p.m. ET/11 a.m. PT.

Comment

yeah, I want to see this. I'm just wondering why Mthalane is fighting someone so inexperienced.

Comment

Originally posted by buddyr View Post
        yeah, I want to see this. I'm just wondering why Mthalane is fighting someone so inexperienced.
        Sunny is ranked in the top 10 by the IBF.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

Sunny is ranked in the top 10 by the IBF.
          ok aaaand? lol . There are 4 major sanctioning bodies If an undefeated fighter with a crooked promoter(warren) can't get ranked in the top 10 by at least one of them, that is a huge problem in the world of boxing today. I can turn pro tomorrow, sign with Arum, beat a bunch of bums pulled off the street and be ranked in the top 20 of the WBO by the end of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by buddyr View Post

ok aaaand? lol . There are 4 major sanctioning bodies If an undefeated fighter with a crooked promoter(warren) can't get ranked in the top 10 by at least one of them, that is a huge problem in the world of boxing today. I can turn pro tomorrow, sign with Arum, beat a bunch of bums pulled off the street and be ranked in the top 20 of the WBO by the end of the year.
            Preaching to the choir brother. You asked, I answered. Boxing makes no sense outside the ring, but they've aligned things outside the ring well in some cases, this being one of them.

Comment

Let’s gooo

Comment

Originally posted by edpboxing View Post
                Let’s gooo

edpboxing edpboxing likes this.

Comment

ESPN+ just went live, but no audio right now

Comment

2-0, superwelter weight prospect Josh Frankham at first

Comment

Working...