Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Takes Aim at De La Hoya, Golden Boy: Explains The Breakup

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Canelo Takes Aim at De La Hoya, Golden Boy: Explains The Breakup

In a recent interview, former four division world champion Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez detailed the 2020 breakup with Golden Boy Promotions, who guided the boxer's career for over a decade. Last year, Canelo sued Golden Boy and streaming platform DAZN, to break away from his existing contracts with both en******.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Canelo talking that BOSS stuff
    #1PaperChamp #1PaperChamp likes this.

Comment

Shots fired! That's WHOA! Salute to Canelo! Salute to Black Robb!

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
        Canelo talking that BOSS stuff
        Damn, it was worse than I thought it was.

Comment

We see how great of a job Schafer did with his new promotional company. The PBC fighters best matches were under GB. Now bunch of mistmatches.
          Joey's Place Joey's Place likes this.

Comment

The Peoples elbow.

Comment

"I sued DAZN and Golden Boy, together. Imagine how big that is. Nobody dares to do that. And if you know that you did everything right, you don't have to be afraid to something that big. I earn more now [than what I did] that with that contract [I signed with DAZN in 2018]. So that you can see what I pulled off." - Canelo

This is what I found most interesting. & what this means to me is either Canelo is not losing for the rest of his career. Or he could get robbed soon depending on how Dazn feels about having to pay him even more. Or maybe the platform doesn't even matter..... I've spoke with people in the past & recently about scenarios like this & the more I think about it I can see something controversial happening for BJS. The storyline is there.. Eddie allegedly has a new deal with Dazn UK. The UK is very supportive justly or unjustly. They wouldn't let Andrade fight BJS cause they want to build support for Dazn UK among other things. Canelo is at the point where AJ was. People love a comeback story. If Canelo lost next week all it would do is make the rematch (& himself if he could win pt. 2) bigger. Things could get interesting if he can't KO BJ.
              Last edited by MPDKSAB; 04-28-2021, 02:54 PM.

Comment

I doubt Garcia or Ortiz sign an extension with GB, Oscar has embarrassed himself far too many times the latest being the saddest. He has no control over his addictions and wants to box? These guys need to get away ASAP, GB is not gonna be around much longer, will soon be on the level of Don King.

Comment

Somehow I believe Canelo's version of the events with Golden Boy. Every timeline seems to fit in place.

Comment

Now that you are your own promoter can you work on your god awful undercards and please no miss match like the other fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X