Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Omar Figueroa: Retirement Crossed My Mind, Past Two Years Have Been Rock-Bottom For Me

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Omar Figueroa: Retirement Crossed My Mind, Past Two Years Have Been Rock-Bottom For Me

It has been nearly two years since Omar Figueroa Jr's last fight. There was a lot of consideration over that period where the former lightweight titlist believed there would never be a next one.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Of course… you signed with PBC. You were benched just like Arum did Walters… Ask Centeno Jr. and his lovely journey!

Comment

“When you’re facing the top guys in the sports, and doing it injured, knowing you’re not 100%, the weight of it all just becomes unbearable at times.”
      Are you sure it wasn't the partying and drinking?

Comment

Realized he was not as good as they were telling him and hyping him to be. Completely didn't know what to do with Ugas.
        Spray_resistant Spray_resistant likes this.

Comment

I even called this fight when they made Ugas vs Ramos. I specifically said Haymon will make Ramos vs Figueroa Jr. Lol

PBC matchmaking ain’t hard to figure out

Comment

His sister doe!!!

Comment

he needs to retire. he's going to get hurt.

Comment

This homey thing with his brother isn't healthy, he can't box either. Great shape, short on skill, they'll throw a blizzard of punches, but their foot work is basic and face first. They put on a good show, exciting, but they walk through punches. Boxers will always give them problems and getting hit flush is food for thought.

Comment

I always like watching his fights. Always good entertainment

Comment

His big thing was being able to defend with his face, and getting an infuriating amount of gift decisions (Belmontes, Burns, DeMarco, Molina Jr...) The Arakawa fight was savegely amazing, but that was Figueroa's ceiling and nothing more.

Comment

Working...
                    X