Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo's Coach: Saunders is Not Mayweather - It's That Simple!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Canelo's Coach: Saunders is Not Mayweather - It's That Simple!

Eddy Reynoso, the head trainer for four division world champion Saul "Canelo" Alvarez, has reacted to the recent statements from Billy Joe Saunders. Canelo and Saunders will meet in the ring on May 8th, from AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Saunders might be a boxer but Canelo's coach is correct his no Mayweather. Other than having no losses and a belt I don't believe he deserves this fight but hey ho that's just my opinion. He has only one really good performance and that was Lemeux other than that a split decision against Eubank Jr which I thought was a draw, gifted a home town decision against Akavov and looked average in other title fights. The fight for me against Andrade would of answered a few questions but caught with steroids put an end to that so let's see how long he lasts in this fight.
    Boxviewer Boxviewer likes this.

Comment

I agree with reynoso, it will be a difficult fight with Saunders tricky southpaw stance and thinking boxing ability but canelo has so much experience, confidence , residual fitness and strength he will be relaxed enough to be patient, find the gaps his experience warrants and break the guy down.. yes it’s really that simple ...canelo has the better team and lives the life , Saunders on the hand will find out his previous undisciplined lifestyle will catch up with him
      #1PaperChamp #1PaperChamp likes this.

Comment

I don’t even know what type of fight to welcome or expect from Canelo in this fight.

im curious..

i expect Canelo to start slow in the early feel out rounds. At the same time it would be nice if Canelo just pressed the gas from the get-go

Comment

Saunders boxing ability couldn’t keep Eubank Jr. off of him, who was landing heavy towards the end o their fight. Expect a brutal beat down by the Mexican
          Boxviewer Boxviewer likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by JonDelPrado View Post
            Saunders boxing ability couldn’t keep Eubank Jr. off of him, who was landing heavy towards the end o their fight. Expect a brutal beat down by the Mexican
            Pretty how I describe it above

Comment

Canelo and brutal beating can`t be in the same sentence.

Comment

One thing about boxing 98% of the time you already know who’s going to win before you hear the bell.

Comment

You’re talking about a fight when they were young at domestic level for a domestic title and Saunders was half fit

If we want to start talking about fights from years ago then that’s like saying Canelo is going to get hurt because Cotto’s brother had him on Queer Street. Or he’ll struggle with BJS because Lara, Trout etc.. it’s never that simple when comparing fights from the past

You can’t judge one fighter on the past and not the other

Plenty of people said Lemieux would knock Saunders out because Saunders didn’t do so well against Eubank down the stretch in the Eubank fight. But Lemieux was never a high work rate fighter, neither is Canelo. Styles make fights.

I think they are both different and more mature fighters now.

People say Canelo is a much better fighter than when he faced Lara, sure he is, but you tell me the last slick southpaw he fought since?? He hasn’t faced one. There is no evidence to suggest he can deal with that style better than he could in the past, It’s just an assumption because he has some good wins on his record, Mostly against guys that will stand right in front of him and make him look good.
                  Last edited by deathofaclown; 04-28-2021, 06:50 AM.
                  batista84 batista84 likes this.

Comment

And it really is that simple

Comment

Working...
                    X