Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Emanuel Navarrete vs. Joet Gonzalez Showdown in The Works

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Emanuel Navarrete vs. Joet Gonzalez Showdown in The Works

Plans are in the works for WBO featherweight world titlist Emanuel Navarrete to make his second defense against mandatory challenger Joet Gonzalez, both camps told BoxingScene on Monday.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Seems that Nave stays busy I like that. As long as a fighter stays busy there is no time to complain about opponents bc he is going to always be fighting and the right fights can happen if not first then next. One thing I do not like about some fighters now is the slow pace of the game, and it can become a game wait wait, now no wait I can't do it now postponments and all that empty time that could be used for a fight or two. I hope this summer continues to pick up speed and guys get back in action in all divisions.

Comment

Navarrete is always in entertaining fights so this should be no different, but he's elite, levels above Gonzalez. Gonzalez is pretty basic, he can box a bit and has some power but Navarrete is so awkward with his angles and punches that he makes these type of fighters look so much worse than they are(like he did Diaz). I'm only really seeing Russell(and maybe Vargas) as tough competition in the division for him right now but we know that fight has a low probability of being made. 130 and 135 are a lot better than 126 is right now so whatever he does in this division is probably fine until he moves up again.
      57Blues 57Blues likes this.

Comment

This is a good fight for Navarette and a good test for Gonzales. I like that Navarette is choosing to stay busy.

Comment

I like how he staying at the same time 126 is in chaos, only fight he should fight at featherweight is Gary Russell Jr, if not move up to 130 he's already miss weight and I like his style. So I want him to fight guys who may have lateral movement or good counter punchers that's willing to punch with him. IBF vacant, wba in chaos with Leo Santa Cruz, wbc Russell with Pbc .So I don't get straining your body to make wait in a meaningless tune up unless it's unification with the wbo haven't ordered him a mandatory yet.

Comment

While certain cowards feel entitled to paydays beyond their worth and don’t fight for months or years, this true warrior elects to fight as often as possible. A real man....not a b1tch like those cowards over at PBC

Comment

Originally posted by SimpleTouchee View Post
              I like how he staying at the same time 126 is in chaos, only fight he should fight at featherweight is Gary Russell Jr, if not move up to 130 he's already miss weight and I like his style. So I want him to fight guys who may have lateral movement or good counter punchers that's willing to punch with him. IBF vacant, wba in chaos with Leo Santa Cruz, wbc Russell with Pbc .So I don't get straining your body to make wait in a meaningless tune up unless it's unification with the wbo haven't ordered him a mandatory yet.
              Miss weight? This was his second fight at 126. He should be there for a few a fights

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
                Miss weight? This was his second fight at 126. He should be there for a few a fights
                I should've mention missed weight on the first attempt to be more clear

Comment

At his age, and his skills will develop with time and his work rate (#of fights) it will be interesting to see his progression and what weights he gets comfortable at. I do not like weight hopping for money or to avoid others but to go natural progression and challenges in the ring those type fighters are what keeps me around boxing.

Comment

If Navarette fights, I will tune in. I still can't believe that lead left uppercut he landed from distance. Insane punch.

Comment

Working...
                    X