Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Oscar Valdez vs. Robson Conceicao Likely For August or September

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Oscar Valdez vs. Robson Conceicao Likely For August or September

Newly crowned WBC junior lightweight world champion Oscar Valdez's first title defense is likely to come against amateur nemesis Robson Conceicao in August or September, Top Rank chairman Bob Arum told BoxingScene on Monday.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Really? Conceicao??? ****ing come on...

Comment

Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
      I swear the last time I saw Conceicao he was still fighting 8 rounders.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post

I swear the last time I saw Conceicao he was still fighting 8 rounders.
        His last fight was pretty entertaining, was landing bombs throughout, but his combinations were soooooo wide, Valdez will slip a check left hook in between and blast this Brazilian back to the Amazon

Comment

His last fight was pretty entertaining, was landing bombs throughout, but his combinations were soooooo wide, Valdez will slip a check left hook in between and blast this Brazilian back to the Amazon
          Yeah Valdez should have way too much. I don’t really see how Conceicao troubles him, they’re gonna try and sell us this fight based on the amateur fight but Valdez was a teenage kid back then. Even the Brazilian in me doesn’t give him a chance tbh.

Comment

He's not as bad as you think, He is actually pretty good, chin is a little sus but he can box his a** off.

Comment

Looks like Valdez saw Herring's annihilation of Frampton and got scared. Big man with big power.. Valdez definitely duckin. Shame.

Comment

Valdez catches a break from me. I was rooting hard for him because I didn't like Berchelt and his fake hype. People mentioned Davis after that fight and I think I said I wouldn't wish that on him. I like Valdez. Maybe he can fight Santa Cruz after this one. I don't even know this guy he's fighting. I'll definitely watch.

Comment

If you stay active and fight 3-4 times a year I will gladly give any fighter a pass taking little in between stay busy fights like this, however if you're only fighting 1-2 times a year then you need to deliver F^CKING Quality for those 1-2 fights a year and not garbage! I think that is fair expectations from fans honestly!

So yeah as long as Herring or Stevenson is next then go ahead take your soft touch/showcase fight as Champion but it needs to be a guarantee to fans that Herring unification is NEXT after this fight

Comment

Completely agree with Sicko. I don't care for the belt system, but as long as he fights an acceptable opponent next, I'm all good. Valdez doesn't have a lot years left in boxing.

Comment

Working...
                    X