Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Not Bothered By Youtuber Bouts, Sees it as Different Audience

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Canelo Not Bothered By Youtuber Bouts, Sees it as Different Audience

Mexican superstar Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez is not bothered by the recent boxing events involving Youtubers like Jake Paul and his older brother Logan. There are many boxing purists who look down on these events and view them as nothing more than a circus.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    siablo14 siablo14 likes this.

Previous boxing superstars such as Floyd, pac, Oscar, Tyson, Sugar Ray used to be able to bring in fans from both sides of the fence in their primes. Canelo doesn’t have that kind of star power. He’s a big name in comparison to what’s currently out there but that’s more of an indication of how weak boxing’s star power currently is.

Comment

Canelo is right

also people take it way too seriously and as an attack on boxing. Just take it for what it is, entertainment, where you have a choice to view or not.

If you ask me, Most boxes could take a tip from the likes of Jake Paul on how to get viewers. He understands the importance of playing a role, even if people want to see you lose. It’s a tried and tested formula, Floyd did it too.

not saying you have to act like him or be an idiot, but at least show some personality. 99% of boxers have no charisma at all or no personality.

if the likes of Spence and Crawford had any personality at all, That fight would be made because the money would be too big for it not to be made but as it stands you have two very good fighters only known by a nerds on boxing forums because they can’t sell themselves to a wider audience.

Comment

Are you sure about dat, CULERO?!

Comment

Clenelo fights are not much better. Both are crooked cherry pick crap.

Comment

Like it or not Canelo is 100% correct!

Comment

Good response by Canelo, I wonder if I just agreeing with his public statements he'll finally respond to me on social media in regards to where I can get some of the tainted meat he ate.

Comment

I like that Canelo doesn’t pretend he cares about anything other than his own fights.

Comment

Originally posted by rrayvez View Post
                  Previous boxing superstars such as Floyd, pac, Oscar, Tyson, Sugar Ray used to be able to bring in fans from both sides of the fence in their primes. Canelo doesn’t have that kind of star power. He’s a big name in comparison to what’s currently out there but that’s more of an indication of how weak boxing’s star power currently is.
                  Canelo doesn't have the Elegance of Oscar and Leonard, he doesn't have the endearment of Manny, nor the flash of Floyd or the monster of Tyson , so he may not gell with as many fans but really that stuff don't matter at all Canelo is Canelo and a great fighter in his own way and who knows where he ends up he is still building a stellar career. he may yet overrun them all we don't know where he will finish he is still campaigning

The star power of boxing is fine and will wax and wane across time its more about being in the right time where it all falls right where you can really stand out from the crowd, its actually very hard to be at the top now as being a great fighter doesn't do it on its own. I have been hearing boxing is dead for 40 yrs, truth is it will never die because it is too old die, its now tradition, and the super fight boxing matches will always bring the A crowd like no other event, boxing captures something that everybody can relate to with the super fights when they happen.

batista84 batista84 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by TinAgeOfBoxing View Post
                    Clenelo fights are not much better. Both are crooked cherry pick crap.
                    ——-
                    Canelo is about to unify the 168 division. How is that cherry picking?
                    siablo14 siablo14 likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X