Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: As Edgar Berlanga's KO Streak Ends, His Development Can Truly Begin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: As Edgar Berlanga's KO Streak Ends, His Development Can Truly Begin

By Corey Erdman - When the bell rang to signify the end of the first round of a fight for the first time in his career, Edgar Berlanga walked back to his corner gesturing downwards with his hands towards the crowd, telling them to remain calm. Berlanga had to be taken beyond the first round at some point, and it was better to just get it over with. He was fine with it, he was telling them non-verbally, so they could be too.
    [Click Here To Read More]

He's not developing any further Cory, what you see, is what you get, a very limited puncher (against sub-par opponents) who has stamina issues and was getting tagged by a guy in there to survive not win, ExPoSeD.. "Im an IMPOSTOR!!!!"

Comment

Berlanga is buddies with occult queer lil wayne. No wonder he is hyped so much.

Comment

I wonder how Ali Raymi's "record" can still be cited. One just has to watch what little of him exists on video to realize that Raymi operated on the fringes of real boxing, fighting in school gymnasiums against characters who didn't even possess the fundamentals, on rings whose apron looked like it was made of sleeping bags sewn together.
        Last edited by Tatabanya; 04-26-2021, 06:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tatabanya View Post
          I wonder how Ali Raymi's "record" can still be cited. One just has to watch what little of him exists on video to realize that Raymi operated on the fringes of real boxing, fighting in school gymnasiums against characters who didn't even possess the fundamentals, on rings whose apron looked like it was made of sleeping bags sewn together.
          Yeah the only guys I count are Edwin and Edgar at least they fought decent opponents. Even Tyrone Brunson opponents were trash , Edgars last 5 opponents all beat Tyrone

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardi View Post

Yeah the only guys I count are Edwin and Edgar at least they fought decent opponents. Even Tyrone Brunson opponents were trash , Edgars last 5 opponents all beat Tyrone
            I'll be honest, I liked what I saw in Berlanga last Saturday.

Yes, he got a little winded at the end, but he retained the power until the last second and, in general, looked like someone willing to suffer when the going gets tough.

I'll be watching him closely as the level of his opponents increases.

Comment

My opinion is that Berlanga is still a work in progress. Top middleweights (super or otherwise) like Canelo, Charlo, GGG etc. would have easy work at the moment.
              JakeTheBoxer JakeTheBoxer likes this.

Comment

I don’t think anyone can call, “exposed” when we’re dealing with a 23 yr old who has only gone 24 rds his entire career.

He has at least 7 or 8 more years to do something before we can really say anything about his career.

Boxing fans are way too quick to judge.
                garfios garfios likes this.

Comment

If he is able to relax and improve his stamina and listens to his corner he will do well. He never went 2 rounds and he went 8 without folding. Other that his power he did not shine in any other department so he has a lot of work. The hype of his KOes now have people wanting more from him. Still too early to say how his career is going to go.
                  JakeTheBoxer JakeTheBoxer likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by b morph View Post
                    I don’t think anyone can call, “exposed” when we’re dealing with a 23 yr old who has only gone 24 rds his entire career.

He has at least 7 or 8 more years to do something before we can really say anything about his career.

Boxing fans are way too quick to judge.
                    Exactly guy basically only has two fights worth of experience he's a baby in boxing. He's definitely talented and has a lot of room to grow . Demond Nicholson was underrated coming into this fight guy is solid athletic, good punch , knows how to use the ring and decent skills overall. Saw his fight against Jesse Hart in that fight although he fell short he wasn't outclassed was competitive the whole way even rocked Hart , who is a top 10 quality fighter. The version Berlanga fought of Nicholson was even better then 3 or 4 years ago when Hart fought him . Berlanga at the moment as a lot to work on but at the same time has a lot to work with. Not many got his level of talent st 168

Comment

Working...
                    X