Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ryan Garcia Pulls Out Of Javier Fortuna Fight, Citing "Health, Wellbeing"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ryan Garcia Pulls Out Of Javier Fortuna Fight, Citing "Health, Wellbeing"

Fast-rising lightweight star Ryan Garcia is abruptly pumping the brakes on his promising career. Garcia (21-0, 18 KOs) announced on Instagram on Saturday that he's pulling out of his scheduled July 9 fight against Javier Fortuna (36-2-1, 25 KOs). "I know this news may be disappointing to some of my fans but I am announcing today that I am withdrawing from my July 9th fight," Garcia wrote on his verified Instagram channel that reaches 8.6 million followers
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 04-24-2021, 01:17 PM.

Don't know what Garcia is going through, but hopefully everything is well with the young man. Take as much time as you need, and come back when you're ready!
    Oldskoolg Oldskoolg Repens Repens like this.

Comment

Sounds like this hypejob queen realized he'd lose in the meaningless fight he used to duck threats
      Canvas Canvas likes this.

Comment

I wonder what the issue is?

Wasn't he talking about mental health stuff in the leadup to the Luke Campbell fight, or am I remembering wrong?
        Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

Quack quack

At least pretend to be injured or sick or something
          Canvas Canvas kushking kushking like this.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

Wasn't he talking about mental health stuff in the leadup to the Luke Campbell fight, or am I remembering wrong?
            He's always talked about mental health. And the fact he mentioned "my doctors" tells you he has been getting help and has had some sessions with them. Mental health is real even though a large population thinks otherwise. I mean just look at some of the comments in this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

Ryan is the type to be out a lot. He could have caught Covid by being places where he was advised not to be. The Reynoso gym can’t have contagion at this point with Eddy prepping Canelo, Andy, and even Sanchez. there’s serious money involved at the moment. I hear the Reynoso gym does heavy testing said by ESNews. You’re not allowed without dates citing negatives etc

Comment

NO Surprise, this kid will not Box Long and he has said that himself

Comment

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Ryan Garcia announces on Instagram that he’s withdrawing from his July 9 fight with Javier Fortuna to focus on “health and well being.” Bout was set to headline DAZN <a href="https://t.co/FVp2284yeI">pic.twitter.com/FVp2284yeI</a></p>&mdash; Mike Coppinger (@MikeCoppinger) <a href="https://twitter.com/MikeCoppinger/status/1386007172568342530?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 24, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Not sure what's up with this kid

Comment

In B4 edit

Comment

Working...
                    X