Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chris Eubank Jr: Being With Roy Jones Jr. Will Add Years To My Career

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Chris Eubank Jr: Being With Roy Jones Jr. Will Add Years To My Career

WBA interim-middleweight champion Chris Eubank Jr. has given a lot of praise to his new head trainer, former four division world champion Roy Jones Jr. Jones captured world titles at middleweight, super middleweight, light heavyweight and heavyweight.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I think Jones would and will obviously have had a good influence on Eubank, but I doubt it's enough to turn him into a completely new and improved fighter.

He would have only had that effect if he had a similar style and similar abilities that Jones had.

The best thing for Eubank is to become the best pressure fighter he came become. If he's had to move back down to MW to feel he can't be bullied, then he obviously is a confidence fighter - and confidence athletes are difficult to fully reconfigure.

I want to see him do well for the sake of the division, but I'm not his biggest fan.

Comment

It's all theory but hope you are improved so you can fight nel o oneday
      kushking kushking likes this.

Comment

If Jr. was half the fighter he thinks he is he would be a great one. The truth is he’s stepped up twice and has been beaten. Degale was shot by the time they fought and his other big opportunity to face Golovkin for £3m he bottled. I wish I had more positives for him but he’s all talk and little action.He talks about being one of the very few fighters to beat Canelo but is facing a British level unknown next time out, listening to Jr. is tiresome now.

Comment

"Okay, so the last "takeover" didn't work out too well but I'm sure this takeover will.", said nobody except Jr.
          Chris, we've heard this kind of shti 20 times before. Beat an elite or highly rated fighter and get back to us. All the best.

Comment

Why does anyone rate this guy? His engine is his only notable asset. You may be in your feelings about BJS but his appraisal of this guy's mediocrity is spot on.

Comment

I think Khiowatta is spot on. Eubank Jr doesn't have great skills, lightning reflexes, devastating power or any particular size advantages. If your biggest asset is your stamina then you need to be pressuring guys & Chris Jr hasn't been doing that. 31 is pretty old to start to become a pressure fighter though.

Comment

Originally posted by thack View Post
                If Jr. was half the fighter he thinks he is he would be a great one. The truth is he’s stepped up twice and has been beaten. Degale was shot by the time they fought and his other big opportunity to face Golovkin for £3m he bottled. I wish I had more positives for him but he’s all talk and little action.He talks about being one of the very few fighters to beat Canelo but is facing a British level unknown next time out, listening to Jr. is tiresome now.
                he’s 31 , not proved himself above British/euro level, he’s changed promoters and trainers like having breakfast which tells you something .. he only really has his fathers name and is using it to try to leverage easy big money.. through being fortunate to not have to do a proper job he has been able to become a fitness fanatic but the top end of the business know his true worth and whilst tv are happy with the name they have never been sure about his substance. Like most privileged kids they have an over inflated value of their ability and worth..

Comment

Working...
                X