Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Angel Ruiz Drops Bobirzhan Mominov Twice, Upsets Unbeaten Prospect On Points

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Angel Ruiz Drops Bobirzhan Mominov Twice, Upsets Unbeaten Prospect On Points

Angel Ruiz overcame several low blows to knock off an unbeaten opponent Thursday night in West Point, New York. Ruiz knocked down Bobirzhan Mominov twice, once apiece in the fifth and seventh rounds, and benefited from a point deduction for a low blow in the fifth round to beat Mominov by unanimous decision in their eight-round welterweight fight. The left-handed Ruiz (17-1, 12 KOs) won on the cards of judges Ken Ezzo (76-73), Eric Marlinski (76-73) and Jim Pierce (75-74) to bounce back from a knockout defeat in his previous fight.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I'm not sure who the matchmaker is for Ring City but their cards are highly entertaining. This was a great matchup between two exciting, capable and vulnerable fighters. There were some momentum swings in there and Ruiz got buzzed in the last round. The point deduction and the KDs were the difference...

Comment

A surprising eight rounder.

I do not see this thread in the boxingscene.com front page, so I'll bump it later with more gifs.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post
          I'm not sure who the matchmaker is for Ring City but their cards are highly entertaining. This was a great matchup between two exciting, capable and vulnerable fighters. There were some momentum swings in there and Ruiz got buzzed in the last round. The point deduction and the KDs were the difference...

I see one guy tossing blatant low blows and leaving himself open to brutal shots while going backward with no defense. Almost like Nate Robinson, actually.

I'm not sure why you felt this was even matchmaking.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post

I see one guy tossing blatant low blows and leaving himself open to brutal shots while going backward with no defense. Almost like Nate Robinson, actually.

I'm not sure why you felt this was even matchmaking.
            ​​​​​​Thanks for sharing your opinion. I didn't say I saw some version of Frazier/Ali. I saw two fighters who were both vulnerable and both had the ability to hurt the other. Deficiencies contribute to entertaining fights as do strengths. As for even matchmaking, Mominov was the favorite and he was upset, so I'm not sure why you are confused.

Also, I didn't watch the Robinson fight but good for you that did.

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post

​​​​​​Thanks for sharing your opinion. I didn't say I saw some version of Frazier/Ali. I saw two fighters who were both vulnerable and both had the ability to hurt the other. Deficiencies contribute to entertaining fights as do strengths. As for even matchmaking, Mominov was the favorite and he was upset, so I'm not sure why you are confused.

Also, I didn't watch the Robinson fight but good for you that did.
              Well, maybe he was only the favorite because of the 'eye test' and not actual proven skill.

Kind of like Romero Duno, the "young Manny Pacquiao".

Comment

Working...
              X