Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: 30-Day Weights: Jose Ramirez 153.2-Pounds, Josh Taylor 150.2-Pounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: 30-Day Weights: Jose Ramirez 153.2-Pounds, Josh Taylor 150.2-Pounds

In one month, WBC, WBO junior welterweight champion Jose Ramirez will collide with IBF, WBA champion Josh Taylor in a full division unification. The contest is scheduled for Saturday, May 22 in Las Vegas, presented by Top Rank, which will be broadcast on ESPN.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Ramirez a little heavier than I would like at the moment.

Comment

Yeah that seems like a bit more than you want to be losing 30 days out.

Comment

I'll be shocked if Josh Taylor makes the weight. Dont be shocked if the 'Tart-Tomato' losses the IBF-WBA jr. welterweight titles on the scales. Jose Ramirez is looking great in training, this current WBC 30 day weigh-in is virtually the same for this training camp as it was for Viktor Postol -- a fight in which Ramirez dominated, it was one of his best performances, this one will be even better.

Comment

"I'll be shocked if Josh Taylor makes the weight. "

Am I missing something? He's way lighter than Ramirez at this point.

Comment

Quigg could rehydrate 13 pounds. As long as they're not struggling, this isn't bad.

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyc420 View Post
              Ramirez a little heavier than I would like at the moment.
              I don't know but it always feels like fighters with Robert Garcia miss weight more often then other fighters ...

Comment

10 pounds to lose in 30 days. Nah that’s actually on point...

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
                  I'll be shocked if Josh Taylor makes the weight. Dont be shocked if the 'Tart-Tomato' losses the IBF-WBA jr. welterweight titles on the scales. Jose Ramirez is looking great in training, this current WBC 30 day weigh-in is virtually the same for this training camp as it was for Viktor Postol -- a fight in which Ramirez dominated, it was one of his best performances, this one will be even better.
                  You mean the Postal fight when he went life and death, then was gifted the decision?

Comment

Originally posted by petero View Post

You mean the Postal fight when he went life and death, then was gifted the decision?
                    Peter, when was the last time Josh Taylor put it all together in a big fight like this? We all know that the term 'life and death' is more suitable for the 'Tart-Tomato' after his fierce battles with : Ivan Baranchyk, Viktor Postol and Regis Prograis. Taylor's injuries have been numerable in the former dogfights, whereas Ramirez has never been badly hurt.

I wonder how bad of a beating Josh Taylor is getting in 30 days, and how many months will he spend in the hospital recovering ; will they treat him in America or take a chance flying him back home? I hear the plane ride for Carl Frampton vs. Leo Santa Cruz was gloomy and awkward for all the Irish that flew out to cheer Frampton. Are you coming Peter? Never mind I forgot you are not allowed entry into my country.

Comment

Working...
                    X