Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Report: Hearn's Matchroom To Part Ways With Sky Sports, Expand Partnership With DAZN

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Report: Hearn's Matchroom To Part Ways With Sky Sports, Expand Partnership With DAZN

Matchroom Boxing and Sky Sports are about to part ways. According to a report posted Wednesday by The Athletic, the promotional company led by Eddie Hearn and the prominent British sports network will end their partnership once their five-year deal expires at the end of June. Starting in July, DAZN will stream all of Matchroom's boxing matches in the United Kingdom and Ireland, where Sky Sports has exclusively broadcast Matchroom's fights either live on the network or through its pay-per-view division, Sky Sports Box Office, since 2012.
    [Click Here To Read More]

The ground-breaking deal is worth well into nine figures guaranteed and goes into effect on July 1.

Before Hearn joins up with DAZN officially this summer, however, Matchroom will see out its Sky Sports contract with two more shows.
    Joshua nor Whyte are part of the deal but can fight on DAZN but those fights would have to be negotiated separately.

End of an era, but this was pretty much expected....I just thought Hearn would keep Sky Sports involved in some capacity to have two network deals. Maybe DAZN did not allow that.

So does Sky continue showing boxing going forward minus the occasional PPVs? If so, which promoter(s) links a deal with them?

Comment

DAZN is cheaper than Sky Sports so it's a win for boxing fans. If you purchase Sky for other sports it's an L.
      TinAgeOfBoxing TinAgeOfBoxing likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
        DAZN is cheaper than Sky Sports so it's a win for boxing fans. If you purchase Sky for other sports it's an L.
        DAZN's price will likely increase over time but right now being only what 1.99 is a crazy value price. What is the price of Sky? I'm guessing most who have Sky is for the EPL?

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post

DAZN's price will likely increase over time but right now being only what 1.99 is a crazy value price. What is the price of Sky? I'm guessing most who have Sky is for the EPL?
          Cheapest package with sky sports is £41 i believe, with BT Sport it's £58.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
            You say that but almost all of Hearn's shows on Sky Sports are PPV anyway so even for those with Sky it'll probably still work out cheaper.

Comment

So the Joshua and Shyte fights most likely won't be on DAZN for US subscribers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
                So the Joshua and Shyte fights most likely won't be on DAZN for US subscribers?
                Why wouldn't they? They are DAZN fights for us even with them being on Sky PPV.

Comment

Good news for UK fans. Sky Sports is a rip off.

Comment

Probably gonna lead to an increase subscription price. Maybe not as crazy as sky but I def see them pushing the needle to get as much money for these fights if he’s got that budget. And when Joshua fights they’ll give it to the highest bidder. If that’s dazn get ready to open your wallet some more UK.

Comment

Working...
                    X