Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Holyfield: I'll Beat McBride, If Tyson Wants To Do It - I'll Fight Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Holyfield: I'll Beat McBride, If Tyson Wants To Do It - I'll Fight Him

Former four time heavyweight champion Evander Holyfield would love to secure a trilogy fight with Mike Tyson. The two sides were in talks to fight each other, but they were unable to reach a financial agreement. Holyfield will now return on June 5, when he faces Kevin McBride in an exhibition clash on the undercard to Teofimo Lopez's mandatory defense against George Kambosos.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Holyfield is almost 60. Why is this happening?

Comment

Originally posted by buddyr View Post
      Holyfield is almost 60. Why is this happening?
      Because this freakshow **** is snowballing way out of control now.

Comment

Late 50s is getting into real dodgy territory.
        Boxing today really is in a state if 90s & youtube fighter's are a bigger draw that today's alphabelt milkers mostly avoiding each other.

Comment

If Holyfield and Tyson fight again, they may as well go full blast, not a half assed exhibition. Something like six three minute rounds or eight three minute rounds, they could do it, even at their age.
          Get em up Get em up likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Liondw View Post
            If Holyfield and Tyson fight again, they may as well go full blast, not a half assed exhibition. Something like six three minute rounds or eight three minute rounds, they could do it, even at their age.
            This is the way it should happen. Make it an official fight so they can get it out of their system

Comment

Originally posted by Sayithowitisuk View Post
              Late 50s is getting into real dodgy territory.
              Boxing today really is in a state if 90s & youtube fighter's are a bigger draw that today's alphabelt milkers mostly avoiding each other.
              Sad state of boxing when youtube stars and grandpas are bigger draws by the so called champs and contenders who rather fight stiffs than themselves. Been a lifelong boxing fan it is really sad but I can't blame these youtube guys 'cos somebody has to fill the vacuum.
              Marchegiano Marchegiano likes this.

Comment

This is going to flop. Hard.

Holyfield didn't retire all that long ago and no one was interested in his trash fights then.

He would need to fight another big name from the 90s to draw any interest.
                Marchegiano Marchegiano likes this.

Comment

This fight is just plain stupid. Even if it is an exhibition, is boxing in that bad of shape that we really need this? Youtube ecelebs, washed up boxers

Comment

If you want people to watch the greats of days gone by, they can't be fighting McBride type names. Nobody wants to see McBride vs anybody, sorry bruv!

Holyfield could get a load of other names in there, Bowe could use the money.

Comment

Working...
                    X