Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Liam Williams Embraced By Family, Friends in Homecoming

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Liam Williams Embraced By Family, Friends in Homecoming

Liam Williams had a homecoming to remember as he touched down in Wales following his world title fight with Demetrius Andrade. Williams (23-3-1, 18 KOs) gave an extremely brave effort but suffered a decision loss to Andrade (30-0, 18 KOs) as they clashed for the WBO middleweight title in Florida on Saturday.
    [Click Here To Read More]

He had the right game plan, and the right attitude, just not the skills nor power to effectively apply it.

Comment

Originally posted by steeve steel View Post
      He had the right game plan, and the right attitude, just not the skills nor power to effectively apply it.
      I don’t think his power was the problem, he clearly shook Andrade when he caught him well enough. Andrade is difficult to sustain an attack on.

definitely didn’t have the skill though. Just lacked that bit of quality to set up his work. Basically as I thought it would be.

I think Williams is a decent fighter at 160. He will give anyone a decent fight if they’re more of a static target.

Comment

Consolation prize after all that talk.

Comment

Williams is a good honest fighter, limited ability but he gives it his all. Andrade showed a flaw or two, which should actually make Charlo and Golovkin want to fight him, but they won't.
          Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Liondw View Post
            Williams is a good honest fighter, limited ability but he gives it his all. Andrade showed a flaw or two, which should actually make Charlo and Golovkin want to fight him, but they won't.
            I was about to say the same thing however I would expect Canelo to fight him before Golovkin, who seems to have totally lost the plot lately on challenges

Comment

Liam doesn’t have anything to be ashamed about. He was outgunned from the start but he did as well as he could.

Comment

Originally posted by Liondw View Post
                The thing about Andrade is that his opponents will have to chase him down and try to cut off the ring. The guy's a marathon runner who gets his opponents into chase mode, then he suddenly stops and throws pot shots. I can see how that would be very frustrating. Someone with the ability to cut him off and catch him with some powerful hooks can beat him.

Comment

Nothing to be ashamed of and the Welsh get behind their own.

Comment

Liam showed himself in the fight, he acted like a fighter can not ask for more then that. And Andre showed what he is nothing changed there. Start strong and then back off way to get more fights right?

Comment

Working...
                    X