Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Judging the Judges: Tony Harrison-Bryant Perrella Scorecard Analysis

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Judging the Judges: Tony Harrison-Bryant Perrella Scorecard Analysis

Tony Harrison and Bryant Perrella did not make things easy on each other or the judges. A competitive and entertaining junior middleweight fight that could've gone either way on the scorecards ultimately did just that, with Harrison and Perrella fighting to a 12-round split decision draw. Harrison won by a score of 116-112 on the card of judge Max DeLuca, while Dr. Lou Moret had the contest 117-111 in favor of Perrella. A 114-114 verdict turned in by judge Zachary Young failed to split the difference in the Premier Boxing Champions (PBC) on Fox main event from Shrine Auditorium & Expo Hall in Los Angeles.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 04-19-2021, 05:19 PM.

Interesting that DeLuca scored the fight for Harrison and also had the Mielnicki/Martin fight a draw (favoring the work of the A-side), Moret on the other hand favored both Perrella and Martin.

Looking through his historical fight scores, he consistently favors the A-side more than whoever else is judging that particular bout. No surprise but still terrible.

Comment

I gave Perella the nod but it was a close fight and a draw was not a bad decision.

Comment

The fight was good, I had Goodfella winning close due to those punches he got hit with were not dangerous and Harrison looked a bit weaker then usual and did not take the fight to Parella. Still glad it was competitive all facts considered. Deluca does his name come up a lot on cards that are close or just a bit odd ? But neither fighter complained right ? I am sure Parella was glad he did not have the same Ref in the ring from his last fight. FOX got to start the sell on there PPV as is always the case.

Comment

Same old crooked judges. I hear those names and I know whats up. Im going to start keeping a record of judges involved in bad decisions. Myself, I had Harrison winning by 2 rounds.

Comment

I'm just embarrassed for Boxing Scene that a professional columnist uses, "could have went" in an article.

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
              I gave Perella the nod but it was a close fight and a draw was not a bad decision.
              Watching the fight, I admit I didn't score round by round, it "felt" like 7-5 Perrella or a draw and I'd be fine with 7-5 Harrison. When DeLuca's card was announced for Harrison, I remembered that he gave Mielnicki the draw (which I thought was unacceptable).

Comment

Originally posted by Wacked_Out View Post
                Same old crooked judges. I hear those names and I know whats up. Im going to start keeping a record of judges involved in bad decisions. Myself, I had Harrison winning by 2 rounds.
                If anybody had a fix in, it was for Harrison. You really really think a nobody had a fix in?

Comment

Was there rbr numbers posted for this fight?

Comment

Originally posted by Wacked_Out View Post
                    You thought Harrison won, almost everyone else says Perella but close. The judges scored a draw. What's crooked about that?

Comment

Working...
                    X