Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hanna Gabriels Stops Martha Lara Gaytan in Two, Wins WBA, WBC Titles

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hanna Gabriels Stops Martha Lara Gaytan in Two, Wins WBA, WBC Titles

In an exciting fight for female boxing, Hanna Gabriels won the vacant World Boxing Association and World Boxing Council light heavyweight titles after defeating Martha Lara Gayt?n of Mexico by TKO in two rounds.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Light Heavyweight? I've read several pages saying it was heavyweight? Anyone know?

Comment

Originally posted by Nash out View Post
      Light Heavyweight? I've read several pages saying it was heavyweight? Anyone know?
      I saw it was for both LHW & HW.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

I saw it was for both LHW & HW.
        That may be right. I was checking the female rankings earlier. and hardly anyone fights at the top few weight divisons. I think the HW world number 2 is 51 years old and has won 1 fight in five years. Amazed Shields hasn't gone for the HW title. Even if she weighed much lower than the weight, she would still beat anyone in that division easily. Even Katie Taylor at 140 pounds would beat any female HW very easily. I noticed Marshall said that she doesn't want to be called a heavyweight, but still, it's an easy title and another division ticked off.

Comment

That’s a true female warrior not all those matchroom con jobs

Comment

Originally posted by MANNY67 View Post
            That’s a true female warrior not all those matchroom con jobs
            Gabriel's has always been one of my favourite female fighters, but I ain't following. Why are chicks like Taylor or Marshall 'con jobs'?

Comment

Originally posted by Citizen Koba View Post

Gabriel's has always been one of my favourite female fighters, but I ain't following. Why are chicks like Taylor or Marshall 'con jobs'?
              Taylor, Marshall,and harper are ok fighters but matchroom do them no favours feeding them tomato cans they avoid real competition and when they do fight someone real they know they have the judges to help them out, Marshall’s last opponent was not a fight they should be ashamed of even showing that crap

Comment

Originally posted by MANNY67 View Post

Taylor, Marshall,and harper are ok fighters but matchroom do them no favours feeding them tomato cans they avoid real competition and when they do fight someone real they know they have the judges to help them out, Marshall’s last opponent was not a fight they should be ashamed of even showing that crap
                The female sport ain't deep, man, many of Gabriels' opponents are of the same kind of level, specially at the start of her career. Hopefully we get to see Marshall step up this year, signs are they're looking for bigger fights for her although once again there ain't a huge number of options... Hammer would be good or maybe Crews - Dezurn though. And whilst I agree that Persoon probably deserved the nod in the first fight with Taylor and should have had the immediate rematch, you can't argue that Taylor is somehow less of a 'warrior' because the judges favored the house fighter... that **** happens right across this sport of ours - or that she ain't been matched pretty tough.

I ain't a fan of any promotion and I think that all of em got a lot to answer for but IMO that don't really reflect on the fighters.

Comment

Working...
                X