Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bryant Perrella: I Thought I Did Enough To Beat Tony Harrison

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Bryant Perrella: I Thought I Did Enough To Beat Tony Harrison

Former super welterweight world champion Tony "Superbad" Harrison and hard-hitting southpaw Bryant "Goodfella" Perrella fought to a split-draw in the 12-round main event on Saturday night from Shrine Auditorium and Expo Hall in Los Angeles.
    [Click Here To Read More]

A lot of people did, and I wouldn't have been shocked. I had it 3-1 Harrison after four, and then Perrella really dominated some of the middle rounds, but he also crashed around the end. I thought a draw was fair.

Not sure how I felt about Tony's brothers instructions though.

Comment

I didn't score the rounds but a draw seemed appropriate or even a narrow Perrella. It was an entertaining fight and Goodfella seemed much more comfortable at this weight.
      Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

Yeah I thought so too but it wasn’t a robbery, more like a close fight that was either Parella’s or a draw. Parella made the mistake of letting his opponent back in the fight at times. I would have liked to have seen him plant in the middle of the ring and try to have hurt him. I say let them have a rematch
        TrillScottHeron TrillScottHeron likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
          Yeah I thought so too but it wasn’t a robbery, more like a close fight that was either Parella’s or a draw. Parella made the mistake of letting his opponent back in the fight at times. I would have liked to have seen him plant in the middle of the ring and try to have hurt him. I say let them have a rematch
          The fight was definitely close. Harrison missed an awful lot of jabs. He never really seemed to readjust. I get the whole family connection with the loss of his old man but a trainer change may be in order.
          Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

Draw was fine, 7-5 either way was fine, could even see 8-4 Perella if you give him every close round.

I had it a draw.

Comment

Harrison is shot

Comment

Solid scrap...Harrison looked way better in the stoppage of his second title bout with Jermell. Gonna cut him a little slack due to inactivity and the loss of his trainer/father. Personally I scored the fight 115-113 Perella, but thought 3 or 4 rounds were super close and could have went either way. Perella just added his name to a stacked list of contenders. I love this division. Not the best talent, but they got heart and aren’t afraid to mix it up with each other.

Comment

Definitely feels like they didn’t want either guy to take an L. The only judge watching the fight seemingly was the one who scored it a draw (which I did as well). Having Harrison winning 8-4 or Perrella 6-3 is unfathomable.

Comment

Working...
                  X