Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Deontay Wilder Vows: I'm Going To Continue Boxing, Show My Greatness

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Deontay Wilder Vows: I'm Going To Continue Boxing, Show My Greatness

Former WBC heavyweight champion Deontay Wilder recently appeared on the 'We Might Need Counselling Podcast' and discussed the sport of boxing. Wilder has been out of the ring since suffering the first defeat of his career, a seven round TKO at the hands of Tyson Fury back in February of 2020 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I wish he gets his stuff together and goes for one more run at the title. It all depends on where he's at mentally though. You don't want to get in there if you're not right mentally and you're delusional, you can get seriously hurt. From the stuff we've heard from him for a whole year it seemed like he definitely wasn't at a good place at all.

Maybe time is beginning to have a positive effect on him mentally. But even if he started accepting the loss, you never know how much confidence he's lost and how much confidence his potential opponents would've gained from watching his last fight. It showed the clear blueprint. I still hope he bounces back though.
    Last edited by Dip_Slide; 04-18-2021, 02:07 AM.

Comment

More like he will continue to show his Twerking!

Comment

I only wish Deontay well; however, if he fails to employ the right trainer for any future fights, he's making a huge mistake. I'm not saying that Wilder can't and won't defeat virtually every other heavyweight without making changes, but Wilder's seeking a rematch with Fury, and unless Wilder prepares thoroughly for Fury (this time around), he'll not fare much better than he did in February of 2020. And obviously, Wilder cannot take that sort of punishment again without risking permanent/career ending damage.

Comment

Well hurry up Wilder, the sooner the better. I give the man alot of stick but he is entertaining in and out of the ring in his own way and I'd prefer him in the sport than out of it.

Comment

He's got a heck of a right hand, but look at who he knocked out? C'mon, his power is not comparable to the power punchers like Foreman, Liston, Dempsey, Tyson, Marciano, Shavers, Lyle, Lewis and Bowe. Wilder isn't in that league, when you ko tomato cans.

Comment

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMQjL8PhSbB/
              his own mumble rap song

Comment

You can make a comeback and prove yourself but it don't need to be against fury.
                You can prove your worth by beating people who are better than Luis ortiz. Whyte, joyce, parker, ruiz, they're all better than ortiz
                Boxingmean Boxingmean likes this.

Comment

Wilder can come back, but he needs names on his resume if he’s ever going to be taken seriously in future. Still can’t tell how good he is when his only solid win came against an untested geriatric Cuban.

Comment

Certain guy's don't want their fighter's to fight certain guy's. What like Finkel & Hearn xD

Wilder will be 37 by the time he get's a sniff of another trinket shot & to old, i believe alot of his power comes from speed & maybe we saw against Fury due to his lack of training he's slowed down just enough already. He still landed but Fury just butted them & mauled Wilder.

I hope for boxing he does relight his career but he's wasting to much time & not getting any younger. But what's his best route? Wbc mando in court? Usyk Joyce winner for the wbo, wba regular rabbit?
                    Last edited by Bob; 04-18-2021, 05:23 AM.
                    Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X