Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: James Martin Outworks Vito Mielnicki, Earns Upset Majority Decision Win

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: James Martin Outworks Vito Mielnicki, Earns Upset Majority Decision Win

Less than a year after graduating high school, Vito Mielnicki Jr. was taught his most valuable lesson in the ring. The rising prospect from Roseland, New Jersey suffered a bump in the road, as he was outboxed by Philadelphia's James Martin via majority decision over eight rounds. Judge Max DeLuca saw the contest 76-76, overruled by judges Dr. Lou Moret (77-75) and Alejandro Rochin (79-73) in favor of Martin in their junior middleweight bout Saturday evening at Shrine Auditorium & Expo Hall in Los Angeles.
    [Click Here To Read More]

As I posted earlier this morning, I didn’t like what I was hearing about Vito leaving the Goosen training camp for being away from his family. To me that shows a very limited supply of heart and grit...son, if you can’t be without your family for a few weeks to train in your painful profession you’ve got a problem. And that showed in the fight, he was outslugged and outworked and never at any time turned it up, gritted his teeth, and went for broke. That was a very revealing fight about what he is made of. I’d love to see him bounce back and do well but I don’t see him making it to legit contender level after that in ring submission

Comment

PBC keeps pushing these hillbillies like Joey Spencer and Mielnicki like they're the next big thing and they always end up getting exposed. Caleb Plant also sucks but he's been so overprotected that he will probably remain undefeated for a while.

Comment

He got finessed. He's lucky it wasn't worse. To me, that was good matchmaking. He got beat, but he didn't get hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Haymon View Post
          PBC keeps pushing these hillbillies like Joey Spencer and Mielnicki like they're the next big thing and they always end up getting exposed. Caleb Plant also sucks but he's been so overprotected that he will probably remain undefeated for a while.
          Spencer could be a star w/t the right promotion. Unfortunately, PBC isn’t the right team for him. FYI, Joey’s mom is of Mexican descent PBC should be pushing Joey to the Mexican American fan base which is the largest in the sport instead of presenting him as the next great white hope. For example, look @ Ryan Garcia the kid is more vanilla than Spencer but the Mexican crowd accepts him b/c of his Mexican roots even though he don’t talk a lick of Spanish. Honestly, Joey would be a much bigger name if he was w/t Golden Boy or Top Rank they know how to build stars.

Comment

Missed this fight but will watch it after the Warriors game.
            ​​​
            Vito may end up making the move back to Joe but he's just not there yet. Needs to be moved slowly.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Haymon View Post

Caleb Plant sucks? Are you just a celebrity chaser or just new to boxing? He is a champion, he has elite speed, footwork, counter abilities and defense. He’d pose many problems for all in the division. Like AJ, Fury, Wilder He is amongst top in division.
              Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

This makes Xander Zayas look that much better, I knew James Martin had a shot for the upset

Comment

PBC has terrible matchmakers. They have no idea how to develop fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                    PBC has terrible matchmakers. They have no idea how to develop fighters.
                    Martin has zero KOs and lost his last fight. There is a point where a guy actually has to fight and prove his worth. A loss like this isn't bad, it's schooling. Undefeated only means, they haven't met the right guy.
                    Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X