Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andrey Fedosov Upsets Injured Mahammadrasul Majidov By First-Round TKO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Andrey Fedosov Upsets Injured Mahammadrasul Majidov By First-Round TKO

Andrey Fedosov pulled off a huge upset Saturday in Fedosov's first fight in 2 1/2 years. Fedosov drilled heavily favored Mahammadrasul Majidov with a picture-perfect right hand that dropped Majidov just 59 seconds into their scheduled 12-round fight on the Demetrius Andrade-Liam Williams undercard. Majidov fell awkwardly on his right ankle and that injury prevented Majidov from fighting back once he got up from that knockdown.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Lol Majidov was an accident waiting to happen. After seeing Ed Fountain put him down in debut, no way should Fedosov have been +800 with the power he has.

Comment

Oh dear.....

Comment

I said yesterday that it seemed like a pretty huge step up for only his 4th fight.

Comment

Originally posted by MED_1978 View Post
          Lol Majidov was an accident waiting to happen. After seeing Ed Fountain put him down in debut, no way should Fedosov have been +800 with the power he has.
          Ed Fountain dropped him? I never heard of this guy until I saw he was fighting Fedosov.

Comment

Fedesov can bang. I get they wanted to move Majidov due to his age but he hasn't looked great. Too much too soon.

Comment

I thought an upset could be on the cards

Fedosov isn’t a world beater but certainly not someone I’d put a 3-0 fighter in with. Obviously they’re trying to fast track him due to age and being a good amateur but still.

id put Fedosov as a high risk and low reward even for a fighter with plenty of pro fights just getting into the world level scene, never mind a pro with 3 fights.

the problem is a lot of the eastern euros and central Asians turn pro late after very good amateur careers , and promoters think they can emulate Usyk and Loma and be fast tracked but most cant. It’s a different game.
              Last edited by deathofaclown; 04-18-2021, 10:25 AM.

Comment

These amateurish guys just can`t handle a big pro punch. You can`t fall on you ass like that with a knee injury. Majidov is just not ready.

Comment

Feed Fedosov to Makhmudov

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
                    These amateurish guys just can`t handle a big pro punch. You can`t fall on you ass like that with a knee injury. Majidov is just not ready.
                    I think that can be a big problem for many amateurs who turn pro late. The guy who Nick Webb beat was a really good amateur, and he looked like he had never taken a shot before against Webb.

Comment

Working...
                    X