Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rob Brant Files Lawsuit Against Promoters Greg Cohen, Rapacz Boxing & Top Rank

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Rob Brant Files Lawsuit Against Promoters Greg Cohen, Rapacz Boxing & Top Rank

Former WBA world middleweight champ Rob Brant has filed a lawsuit against promoters Greg Cohen, Rapacz Boxing LLC and Top Rank Inc. In the lawsuit, a copy of which was obtained by BoxingScene.com, Brant seeks damages in excess of $75,000 for Muhammad Ali Act violations, violation of Nevada regulations, alternate theory under Nevada regulations, fraud, fraud by omission, Nevada common law unjust enrichment and breach of good faith and fair dealing. The lawsuit was filed on Brant's behalf Thursday in the United States District Court of Nevada.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 04-16-2021, 02:51 PM.

I remember seeing Brant on the PBC roster just a couple years back before going to Top Rank. He should’ve just stayed with Haymon. Filler fights would’ve suited him well

Comment

Originally posted by Thuglife Nelo View Post
      I remember seeing Brant on the PBC roster just a couple years back before going to Top Rank. He should’ve just stayed with Haymon. Filler fights would’ve suited him well
      I have zero idea why fighters still do business with the crooks over at TR. Arum has a 60 yr history of shady business practices. How many fighters have to sue this clown before other fighters steer very clear of this organization
      krazy_d3 krazy_d3 likes this.

Comment

I mean does ANY promoter not act like a manager these days? The business of boxing is completely fooked up & makes no sense.
        krazy_d3 krazy_d3 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Thuglife Nelo View Post
          If he did that he would've never become a champion and therefore wouldn't even be somewhat relevant at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by DClefthook View Post

I have zero idea why fighters still do business with the crooks over at TR. Arum has a 60 yr history of shady business practices. How many fighters have to sue this clown before other fighters steer very clear of this organization
            if you bothered to actually READ the story, you would have seen that Top Rank was not alleged to have done any wrongdoing.

Comment

The smaller promoters have to enter into agreements with the bigger promoters in order to get fights for their boxers.

Bob Arum is the biggest culprit. It's a monopolistic power structure and shouldn't be allowed.

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post

if you bothered to actually READ the story, you would have seen that Top Rank was not alleged to have done any wrongdoing.
                After reading the article, I then purposely read every comment, excepting someone to make a comment about Arum having just read the headline., and not actually read the court filings.

Comment

Isn’t Cohen the same guy that was behind Jarrell Miller?

Comment

Working...
                  X