Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Zepeda-Campa Scrapped By NSAC; Zepeda Needs New Opponent For May 22

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Zepeda-Campa Scrapped By NSAC; Zepeda Needs New Opponent For May 22

Jose Zepeda needs a new opponent for his May 22 fight in Las Vegas. BoxingScene.com has confirmed that the Nevada State Athletic Commission won't allow Zepeda to fight Pedro Campa on the Jose Ramirez-Josh Taylor undercard that night. Top Rank Inc., Bob Arum's promotional company, announced Zepeda-Campa as the co-feature on the Ramirez-Taylor card April 1.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Seems fairly suspect to me that they'd nix Campa as an opponent. I get it if Zepeda was facing an opponent with limited amount of fights but Campa has 30+ fights and was fine for Broner to face. I've seen plenty of mismatched fights approved by the NSAC so it's not like they sit on some moral high ground.

Comment

Take it to the UK. The BBBofBS allows hospital patients, old men, nobodies, unknowns, I never saw a mismatch they didn't allow. Just the same, strict rules doesn't mean Nevada can't screw you. With the right odds, I've seen some unbelievable upsets.

Comment

Jose Pedraza, MAN UP Richard Commey, MAN UP!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
          Jose Pedraza, MAN UP Richard Commey, MAN UP!
          Zepeda already beat up Pedraza with a full camp I don't think he would take it on short notice and Commey fights at 135 no reason for him to move up.

Comment

Why not just do an Ivan Baranchyk rematch??

Comment

I'm overwhelmingly for commissions having tighter rules on fights they approve, but its always odds to me the fights they turn down. I mean I've seen WAY worse resumes than this Pedro guys resume vs guys on the level of or better than Zepeda. And I remember some commission, believe NV again, turned down a Andre Ward opponent a few years back.

Comment

Campa isnt on that level to be in as chief support for unification, bring in Postol, Cano, Barboza, Jukembaev, Catterall

Comment

Originally posted by GodfatherIV View Post
                  Why not just do an Ivan Baranchyk rematch??
                  I second this

Comment

Let Elvis fight him. He's ready for it

Comment

Working...
                    X