Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ennis-Lipinets Averaged 187,000 Viewers; Showtime's Telecast Peaked At 206,000

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ennis-Lipinets Averaged 187,000 Viewers; Showtime's Telecast Peaked At 206,000

More viewers watched Jaron Ennis' dominant performance against Sergey Lipinets than his previous televised fight that officially counted on his record. According to numbers Nielsen Media Research released Tuesday, Showtime's telecast of Ennis' sixth-round knockout of Lipinets attracted an average audience of 187,000. Viewership peaked at 191,000 during the Ennis-Lipinets bout at Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, Connecticut.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Terrible numbers. Showtime is going to have to up its promotion of boxing, that number shouldn’t be any lower than half a million

Comment

Lol kieth always has to throw in the "espn has 80mil more subscribers than showtime" whenever uncle al decides to make a fight on the same day as another.
      showtime is pretty much done. The highlis on youtube are about the same numbers too

Comment

Or could it be the name of the headliner Jaron Ennis being the reason for the low viewership? Exactly who even knows this guy? He's just a young prospect who is on the rise that is not quite yet known.

Comment

When it comes to Ratings on Showtimes it is what it is, they will never be what they use to be in this ERA! Let them (Showtime) worry about their own ratings, I'm just glad they continue to invest into boxing and they have some great fights coming up. Was a Great Card overall from start to finish! I don't blame anything on the fighter or "Needing Better Promotion" or any of that. It is just boxing Popularity his dipped significantly OVERALL and then to have it on a Premium Network makes things even more complicated.

Showtime APP doing great though which is likely why they continue to invest big into boxing despite what the Nielsen Network Ratings are showing which is a Free Fall Decline in overall Ratings

Comment

I was flipping back and forth between ESPN and Showtime. It was completely possible to watch the best fights on both channels without missing much. I skipped the Dulorme fight and watched Smith instead. Pretty good night of boxing. The best fight was Ancajas (in my opinion).

Comment

3 undercard fights and no main event.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
                Terrible numbers. Showtime is going to have to up its promotion of boxing, that number shouldn’t be any lower than half a million
                Boxing is in sad sad sad shape. MMA is killing boxing in numbers. It’s sad but it’s so true now.

Comment

Mofos missing out who didn't watch that card. Was 3 fun fights.

Comment

It was a great card, every fight was entertaining, most people watch Showtime on the app now anyway.

Comment

Working...
                    X