Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jaron Ennis: I Wanna Fight The Best; I'll Fight Whoever Wanna Sign On Dotted Line

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jaron Ennis: I Wanna Fight The Best; I'll Fight Whoever Wanna Sign On Dotted Line

UNCASVILLE, Connecticut - Jaron Ennis was really good Saturday night, maybe too good. Dismantling Sergey Lipinets in such a dominant manner might make other established welterweights hesitate to face Ennis later this year. The undefeated Philadelphia native realizes he'll probably have to become a mandatory challenger for the IBF, WBA, WBC or WBO welterweight championship to get a title shot.
    [Click Here To Read More]

While Ennis might not get a title shot this year I'd like to see him position hinself as a mandatory. He does 2 more fights this year then petition the IBF to fight Abdukakhorov in an eliminator to become mandatory for the belt. Do the same with the WBO and Custio Clayton. So maybe Abdukakhorov in July and Clayton in November/ December if Clayton doesnt get the shot against Crawford in June

Comment

I just want him to KO all the old guard one by one whether they have a title or not. Start with Thurman.

Comment

I think he should fight Custio Clayton as Clayton beat lipinets and they awarded lipinets with a Draw. Ennis vs Clayton should be next.

Comment

It will be interesting to see how they can move Ennis without big promotional backing.

Haymon isn't going to offer up any of his 147 cheaply and arum only gas Crawford, who doesn't want Ortiz and won't want Ennis.

Comment

Originally posted by GodfatherIV View Post
            While Ennis might not get a title shot this year I'd like to see him position hinself as a mandatory. He does 2 more fights this year then petition the IBF to fight Abdukakhorov in an eliminator to become mandatory for the belt. Do the same with the WBO and Custio Clayton. So maybe Abdukakhorov in July and Clayton in November/ December if Clayton doesnt get the shot against Crawford in June
            With boots and Ortiz, bud has plenty to keep him busy if he can’t get the big names from the PBC.

Comment

Originally posted by GodfatherIV View Post
              He needs to petition now, especially if IBF #2 Shawn Porter won't grant him a fight! We know Spence is fighting Ugas next, so the winner won't be ready until the winter! Abdukakhorov needs to be fighting Porter or Boots this summer! Hopefully Crawford fights Porter, to clear the way for Boots, but right now Porter is holding too many spots, and not making any moves!

Comment

Originally posted by bulldognyc View Post

With boots and Ortiz, bud has plenty to keep him busy if he can’t get the big names from the PBC.
                He's already "laughed" at the idea of fighting Ortiz Jr., so I doubt he fights Boots! He can't use "PBC is freezing me out," for much longer! Shawn Porter is WBO #1, and Vergil is WBO #2, so if no Pacquiao, he doesn't have much choice!
                bulldognyc bulldognyc likes this.

Comment

I'd like to see Boots fight a guy like Porter, Boots really impressed me with his fight against Lipinets

Comment

We’ll see

they all say that until it’s actually time to do it

hopefully he does mean it, but even then it still takes two willing fighters

Comment

Working...
                    X