Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: The "Four Kings" Documentary: To Debut on Showtime on June 6

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: The "Four Kings" Documentary: To Debut on Showtime on June 6

In boxing, it is said that styles make fights. From 1980 through 1989, it was the style of four great fighters that not only made legendary fights, it ushered in a boxing renaissance. The fierce rivalry between world champions and future Hall of Famers known as the "Four Kings" - Roberto "Manos de Piedra" Dur?n, Marvelous Marvin Hagler, Thomas "The Hitman" Hearns, and Sugar Ray Leonard - produced a Golden Age defined by the nine world championship fights between them and solidified their place among the greatest to ever live.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Awesome! The Hector Camacho one was quite well done but this should be even better.

Comment

source.gif

Comment

I think this documentary is going to be awesome, what a great idea to stick behind a paywall!

Comment

About damn time! There are like a million Ali documentaries but so many others that fans would love to see.

I will definitely be tuning in!

Comment

There they go slighting Wilfred Benitez's greatness again, smh.
            El_Mero El_Mero likes this.

Comment

Hope Gervonta, Ryan and Haney watch this. I'd throw in Lopez but at least he attempted to be great and fought/beat Loma. Those other 3 can learn something from this documentary.

Comment

Originally posted by HandsofIron View Post
                There they go slighting Wilfred Benitez's greatness again, smh.
                Wholeheartedly agree! Only reason I can think of him being excluded is he fought 3 out of 4. Either way though, still disrespectful imho.

Comment

Look forward to it, RIP Marvelous

Comment

Sounds good

Hopefully it becomes available over here.

Comment

Working...
                    X