Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Whyte Not Against The Scenario of Facing Ngannou For UFC Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Whyte Not Against The Scenario of Facing Ngannou For UFC Title

Dillian Whyte, who holds the WBC's interim-heavyweight title, is open to the scenario of switching over to the UFC for a showdown with the organization's heavyweight champion, Francis Ngannou. Whyte has a background in kickboxing and MMA - and he's expressed interest in returning to the cage at some point.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I suppose Whyte would at least have a small chance in the cage (if he can avoid the ground). The reverse is probably not the case.
    Rodbox Rodbox likes this.

Comment

If he goes to the UFC he wont be getting title shots off the bat and he probably loses to whoever he has to fight first anyway. Hes also a complete no name outside of the UK so him thinking hes important enough to walk into those kinda fights is funny.

Comment

Originally posted by TMLT87 View Post
        If he goes to the UFC he wont be getting title shots off the bat and he probably loses to whoever he has to fight first anyway. Hes also a complete no name outside of the UK so him thinking hes important enough to walk into those kinda fights is funny.
        That some of you Americans believe that you are the centre of the universe doesn't mean that you are. AJ is the biggest draw in boxing today but according to your logic he's nobody because he's not popular in USA, right? Wise up man, it's 2021! Whyte is a well established name in boxing today.

Comment

He needs to worry about the ufc champion power he can knockout Whyte his power is scary

Comment

The UFC will NEVER EVER let this happen. What happens is Whyte takes him out with his hands or his feet and the mystique of the UFC flitters into the ether.

They did the same thing when Kermit Cintron said he would fight in the UFC. Citron was a good wrestler and wanted Sherk, but Dana wouldn't have it.

[quote=yahoo sports}Cintron, who will defend his championship against Walter Matthysse on July 14 in Atlantic City , said he’d be willing to fight Sherk after that.

“I want the fight,” said Cintron, who is 27-1 with 25 KOs . “I can wrestle. I can box. I can beat those UFC fighters at their own game. Tell Mr. White to make me an offer and I’ll take on his guy after I fight Matthysse on July 14.”

The Puerto Rican-born 27-year-old didn’t actually take up boxing until after a successful run in wrestling. He went undefeated his freshman year of high school in Pennsylvania but never made it to state. Nevertheless, his success in the sport earned Cintron scholarship offers from Ohio State and the University of Wisconsin. He ultimately went to Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology and finished 10th in the nation his freshman year. The wrestling team was disbanded after the season, though, and Cintron devoted his efforts to boxing.[/quote]

He's still looking at it, by now though I wouldn't think he could good, he's a shadow of his former self.

Comment

Originally posted by TMLT87 View Post
              The fact that this fight WAS in the makings AND they had a press conference means everything you stated is trash. And youre completely assinine "no-name outside of the U.K." comment is laughable. Boxing is a WORLD sport and Whyte, for as much as you hate on him, IS an INTERIM HW belt holder.

Comment

Lmfao there's no way in hell this thick ****** is gonna waltz his way to a UFC Heavyweight Title Shot

Comment

Love to see a boxer Whyte fight the UFC HW Champ Igannou it would be massive and great entertainment

Comment

Whyte needs to win a belt or something if he wants a big UFC fight. Idk that Francis is THAT desperate for competition to be fighting a contender who's one fight removed from having his soul removed from his body by a old guy.

Comment

Working...
                    X