Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jaron Ennis: I Think I Might Have To Be A Mandatory Challenger To Get A Title Shot

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jaron Ennis: I Think I Might Have To Be A Mandatory Challenger To Get A Title Shot

UNCASVILLE, Connecticut - Jaron Ennis hopes to become a world champion by the end of this year or the beginning of 2022. The emerging welterweight contender understands, of course, that the champions in his division probably won't fight him voluntarily. If anything, the unbeaten Ennis' superb performance against Sergey Lipinets on Saturday night will probably prolong his wait for a world title shot.
    [Click Here To Read More]

He’ll end up fighting for a vacant belt when Spence or Crawford vacate. No way will either of them ever fight him. Will probably end up against porter or some euro.
    Boxingmean Boxingmean likes this.

Comment

That much should have been obvious to him. If Spence and Crawford had to become mandatories to get title shots what makes him and Ortiz any different. Pay your dues.

Comment

Originally posted by jockpunk View Post
        He’ll end up fighting for a vacant belt when Spence or Crawford vacate. No way will either of them ever fight him. Will probably end up against porter or some euro.
        My thought exactly, but Spence seems like the type who's too prideful to vacate and rather fight instead, especially if the Crawford fight is no closer to getting done. I've actually predicted sometime back that Boots will become mandatory, fight spence, and derail Spence v Crawford showdown.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Wolf View Post
          That much should have been obvious to him. If Spence and Crawford had to become mandatories to get title shots what makes him and Ortiz any different. Pay your dues.
          How do you pay your dues when the sport allows the likes of Danny Garcia and Porter remain in the top 5 and become mandatories without beating anyone worth sht?

Two guys people love to boast about being top welterweights but never take any real fights outside of the thrumpings they take in their championship fights. These two guys could have easily lost to various other fighters, that’s how flawed they are, despite being consistently recycled into fights for belts, if anything, these two have some dues to pay to “earn” another shot at a championship. Not coming off fuking Formella.
          Last edited by SplitSecond; 04-12-2021, 09:07 AM.

Comment

Oh, that goes without saying. Spence nor Crawford are going to face him voluntarily. But once Spence and Crawford meet later this year, Ennis will get his shot soon enough. I bet the winner or probably both will move up after their fight and all the belts will be up for grabs.

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
              How do you pay your dues when the sport allows the likes of Danny Garcia and Porter remain in the top 5 and become mandatories without beating anyone worth sht?

Two guys people love to boast about being top welterweights but never take any real fights outside of the thrumpings they take in their championship fights. These two guys could have easily lost to various other fighters, that’s how flawed they are, despite being consistently recycled into fights for belts, if anything, these two have some dues to pay to “earn” another shot at a championship. Not coming off fuking Formella.
              DSG my fav, but you're speaking straight factsssss!

Comment

Ennis is the truth! Sadly he will likely fight for the WBA Regualr title.

Comment

How did Abdukakhorov get to be IBF#1? IBF should help Ennis, by having him fight Abdukakhorov, while Spence fights Ugas! If not that, then make him #2 instead of Shawn Porter! Shawn Porter holding down a lot of spots, and not making any moves yet! "****, or get off the pot!"

Where the f--k is Gary Antuanne Russell??? We need to see more of him! I hope he doesn't follow his brother's path, and only fight once per year! For those that don't know, Russell beat Ennis twice in the amateurs! PBC, WTF??? Let's Go!
                  YoungManRumble YoungManRumble likes this.

Comment

Boots, Benn, Ortiz, there's a swarm at 147. If I made some bad comments lately, my dog is sick, Im grouchy.

Comment

Working...
                    X