Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Evander Holyfield-Kevin McBride To Meet In June 5 Exhibition As Co-Main For Lopez-Kambosos Triller PPV

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Evander Holyfield-Kevin McBride To Meet In June 5 Exhibition As Co-Main For Lopez-Kambosos Triller PPV

Evander Holyfield was eyeing an exhibition recently with Mike Tyson, but negotiations eventually slipped through the cracks once Tyson's demands reached over $25 million. Holyfield now has a real deal with the last man who beat Tyson.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Evander Holyfield, the Hall of Fame heavyweight who has been retired since 2011, will return to the ring on June 5 in an eight-round exhibition against Kevin McBride, a source familiar with the discussions told Sports Illustrated.
    You guys can decide which report to believe.........But either way it looks like Holyfield is returning in June!

Comment

• KTFOKING
      KTFOKING commented
      Editing a comment
      Mannix proving to have better sources than Iole!!!

In what world would Tyson be on a UC for Lopez anyways? This man just did 1.5M or so buys against RJJ FFS lol.

• Combat Talk Radio
      Combat Talk Radio commented
      Editing a comment
      ...but why Kevin McBride?

Of all opponents, why him?
      Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 04-11-2021, 03:45 PM.

Not sure how I feel about this one.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
      ...but why Kevin McBride?

Of all opponents, why him?
      He beat Tyson? To bait Tyson I assume.

Comment

Originally posted by markusmod View Post

He beat Tyson? To bait Tyson I assume.
        If he wanted to bait Tyson why not fight Buster Douglas, who he has history with?

Yes, Douglas got fat, but it's heavyweight who cares?

McBride became like plumber or something

Comment

The little-known McBride? That's completely incorrect. Given this is a boxing page, aimed at boxing fans, I'm sure 95% of us know who McBride is, giving that he beat one of the most popular boxers of all time. Sure, Tyson was well past his best at this stage, not like when Douglas beat up prime Mike, but it doesn't mean nobody knows who beat him.

Comment

Triller should rename its company “Troller”

Comment

If he wanted to bait Tyson why not fight Buster Douglas, who he has history with?

You forget that Holyfield demolished Douglas in the very next fight after Douglas shocked Tyson.

Comment

Didnt Buster hit over 300lbs and had a heart attack, I watched an interview with him recently he is in no shape to ever box again.

Comment

McBride is ten years younger, but I'd guess that Holyfield is in better shape. A weird thing is the two rounds of nine minutes. Nothing but respect to the legend Evander though.

The reason so many people are supporting the exhibitions are because they don't see the top guys today fighting each other. A rare big event happens, but look at Crawford and Spence, and those young guys Garcia, Haney, Davis and Lopez not fighting each other.

Canelo, we can give him some credit, he fought and beat Golovkin in the rematch. Some will say yeah, but he didn't fight Charlo, Andrade and Benavidez and fought Kovalev instead of Beterbiev or Bivol.

In the future he might fight a few of them.

But yes, there are no big fights, except a possible Fury and Joshua clash.

Comment

Working...
                  X