No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Judging The Judges: Smith-Vlasov Scorecard Analysis

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Judging The Judges: Smith-Vlasov Scorecard Analysis

A late round surge by Joe Smith Jr. proved to be the difference in an otherwise dead even fight. The bruising light heavyweight from the Mastic Beach section of Long Island, New York claimed the vacant WBO 175-pound title following a 12-round majority decision win over Russia's Maxim Vlasov. The fight was even on two of the three scorecards through ten rounds, with Smith sweeping the championship rounds to win his first major title Saturday evening in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I had fallen asleep, so I'll likely watch it later, but people screaming robbery over a 115-113 MD is pretty odd (even though its a usual occurrence on here.) Swing rounds happen.

Comment

Both guys get wrecked by Beterbiev a rematch is better for both fighters.
      BlackR0bbb BlackR0bbb likes this.

Comment

I had Vlasov winning 116-112 and that was probably being generous to Smith.
        The scorecards and punchstats was total bs! The announcers had a clear agenda and was literally screaming at the top of their lungs as-if they were in Smiths corner. They was practically yelling out for him to go to the body and screaming advice.

The sport is so predictable you don't even need to watch it half the time to know the outcome. It was totally obvious going in with how much they're clammering for Smith vs Beterbiev and what for other than to keep the Beterbiev hypetrain rolling as Smith sure as hell doesn't have a prayer.

Comment

I hope Vlasov gets another opportunity as that isn't the first time he has been robbed.
          He was robbed vs Chilemba, last night and the Ramirez fight could well have gone his way and perhaps should have also.

Comment

Not a robbery. But Smith didn’t win 7 rounds. Home cooking doesn’t have to mean hometown. Top rank fighter with promoter talking unification and dollar signs before fight. Don’t need a detective.

Comment

both guys looked terrible, as if the oxygen supply was at 50 percent of normal levels and they were fighting underwater. smith was uselss and could just wing wild shots without even looking. vlasov was dumb cause the only chance smith had was if he fell into smiths punches which he did sometimes. if he had taken a step back more often smith would have been off balance and open to counters

Comment

It looked like a draw to me. Vlasov was headed for a win through round ten but Smit's performance in 11 and 12 pulled him even. The Joe Smith that fought last night was out of gas early.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                  I had fallen asleep, so I'll likely watch it later, but people screaming robbery over a 115-113 MD is pretty odd (even though its a usual occurrence on here.) Swing rounds happen.
                  Vlasov outboxed the **** outta Smith for the good chunk of the fight. Smith just won the last 3 rounds convincingly.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                    I had Vlasov winning 116-112 and that was probably being generous to Smith.
                    The scorecards and punchstats was total bs! The announcers had a clear agenda and was literally screaming at the top of their lungs as-if they were in Smiths corner. They was practically yelling out for him to go to the body and screaming advice.

The sport is so predictable you don't even need to watch it half the time to know the outcome. It was totally obvious going in with how much they're clammering for Smith vs Beterbiev and what for other than to keep the Beterbiev hypetrain rolling as Smith sure as hell doesn't have a prayer.
                    I wouldn't even call it the Beterbiev hype train, since they had wanted Gvozdyk to win that fight. Everything you're commenting on now, was the same thing with the Gvozdyk/Beterbiev fight, pretty sure two of the judges even had it for Gvozdyk until the KO. Artur wasn't what they had planned lol, which is why when they stuck the mic in his face after the Gvozdyk fight, they didn't have a translator, and cut him off when he was giving thanks.

Even based on the Smith/Beterbiev hype they were creating, I got the vibe they wanted Joe to be their guy. Blue collar American over the immigrant Muslim.

Comment

Working...
                    X